X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.B.
    Guild Navigator
    • Jun 23, 2010

The Lizard King, Corned Beef and Murder

Took a drive through beautiful Laurel Canyon on Saturday and made a few stops:

This is the home where Jim Morrison and Pam Courson lived on "Love Street".

And this is The "Store where the creatures meet". Back then, Joni Mitchel, Frank Zappa, Michelle Phillips, John Phillips, Chris Hillman and David Crosby were "the" creatures.

They make a mean sandwich.

So, if you haven't heard of The Wonderland Murders, it involved the rascals residing in this little home on Wonderland. They were the early 80's creatures that met at the same store, but for sinister reasons.

So, with the help of John Holmes (yes, John Holmes), these idiots rob the home of notorious drug lord Eddie Nash at Doņa Lola Place.

After Mr. Nash figured out who robbed him, he sent a small team of his subordinates w/ striated lead pipes over to the little home on Wonderland to make things right. The crime scene that followed made Manson's look like Romper Room.

Fun time in the canyon.
    You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.
  • Iron Mego
    Wake Up Heavy
    • Jan 31, 2010

That's my kind of tour! That sandwich looks darn good, too.
    Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

How can you not click on a thread with a title like that?!? Great photos. Looks like a good day out.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
        Permanent Member
        • Sep 15, 2014

Apparently there is some in "the Truth community" that believe the San Francisco scene was manufactured. Jim Morrison does kinda look sketchy, would you put it past him to fake being a rock star?

Comment

• Makernaut
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
          Apparently there is some in "the Truth community" that believe the San Francisco scene was manufactured. Jim Morrison does kinda look sketchy, would you put it past him to fake being a rock star?

https://www.crrow777radio.com/epi008...rcover-agents/
          I read the paragraph of Keywords at the top of the page and immediately wanted to sing them out loud to the tune of Billy Joel's "We Didn't Start the Fire".

Comment

• EmergencyIan
            Museum Paramedic
            • Aug 31, 2005

Awesome! A lot of my favorites spent a lot of time in Laurel Canyon.

- Ian
            Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• glimpy
              Loco Chango
              • Feb 5, 2012

My kind of tour
              sigpic

Comment

• cjefferys
                Duke of Gloat
                • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by J.B.

So, with the help of John Holmes (yes, John Holmes), these idiots rob the home of notorious drug lord Eddie Nash at Doņa Lola Place.

After Mr. Nash figured out who robbed him, he sent a small team of his subordinates w/ striated lead pipes over to the little home on Wonderland to make things right. The crime scene that followed made Manson's look like Romper Room.
                Holmes was also apparently forced to tag along with the revenge seekers too. He claimed that he didn't take part in the murders himself, but he was definitely there when it happened. There's a film about it, "Wonderland", starring Val Kilmer as John C. Holmes, but it wasn't as good as I was hoping. The extras on the DVD includes the crime scene photos, not for weak stomachs that's for sure!

Great photos!

Comment

• vulcan2074
                  Live Long and Prosper
                  • Mar 23, 2008

Fantastic thread.
                  Sammy

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

My eyes were only focused on the yummy corned beef sandwich...

sigpic

Comment

• Iron Mego
                      Wake Up Heavy
                      • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by cjefferys
                      Holmes was also apparently forced to tag along with the revenge seekers too. He claimed that he didn't take part in the murders himself, but he was definitely there when it happened. There's a film about it, "Wonderland", starring Val Kilmer as John C. Holmes, but it wasn't as good as I was hoping. The extras on the DVD includes the crime scene photos, not for weak stomachs that's for sure!

Great photos!
                      I really wish that movie had been better. It's done more interestingly in Boogie Nights, without all the killing though.
                      Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• cjefferys
                        Duke of Gloat
                        • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by Iron Mego
                        I really wish that movie had been better. It's done more interestingly in Boogie Nights, without all the killing though.
                        I absolutely love Boogie Nights, but the Dirk Diggler/Jack Horner characters were so thinly disguised versions of John Holmes/Bob Chinn, I just wish they could have went with the real versions.

Comment

• J.B.
                          Guild Navigator
                          • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by cjefferys

Great photos!
                          Holmes was definitely there; they wouldn't have been able to enter the Wonderland home without him. I think there was a bloody palm print of Holmes over Ron Launius' bed. Ron treated John badly, so it wouldn't surprise me if he had a few swings at Ronnie. The Kilmer Wonderland movie is pretty close to what actually went down. This is a good read. It's the complete transcripts from the February 1982 Preliminary Hearings for Holmes. Hard to believe that Ron's wife survived that bloodbath.

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎