• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!

Off with their heads!

It was nice to see TWD not pull punches and make some hard decisions, though I do feel they picked the characters that weren't on anybody's A-List.
    And yes, I think Carol might just be getting a haircut and extra ammo…

I'm really liking this new season, and Alpha is quite scary. Such a difference with Negan, which I always felt was more of a cartoon.
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Yes, Alpha is a scary great villain. I dig her second in commend/bodyguard Beta too.

Spoilers....

I think Tara was a big enough character to create that extra shock when you saw her reanimated head on the pike, at least to me. She had inherited Maggie’s position as leader after all. And the kid’s death is reason we are going to see kickarze Carol again, so it’s a win-win...
      sigpic

Comment

• Gorn Captain
        Invincible Ironing Man
        • Feb 28, 2008

I know it's harsh, but angry Carol is more interesting than Queen Carol.
        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Agreed ^^^
          sigpic

Comment

• johnnystorm
            Hot Child in the City
            • Jul 3, 2008

I think this sets up Daryl to become the leader of Hilltop. The fight he had with Beta was pretty cool.
            I have to say, it's been a much better show since Rick left. Michonne is going soon too, also ok since she's become so boring.
            Say, anyone watching Lauren Cohen's new show Whiskey Cavalier? It's pretty much a retread of Leverage, but it's not bad.

Comment

• onesixthscale
              • Mar 23, 2019

I thought the last episode was one of the best by far. I was only disappointed in one of the many dead heads on pikes. Alpha and Beta are two of the creepies villains to appear in the tv series.The Governor, Negan had their quirks but nowhere near as ruthless, crazy, plodding as that Alpha psycho. Beta must be superhuman to survive that plunge though I'm sure it was a surprise to nobody. I had been getting bored, disinterested until the least episode.

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Well, in the comics, Beta is a former pro basketball player turned famous actor...so he’s a huge elite athlete.

Daryl was lucky to get the best of him. Head to head, he was toast.
                sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

it was a great episode but I am honestly bored with the show. I could take it or leave it at this point.

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                    it was a great episode but I am honestly bored with the show. I could take it or leave it at this point.
                    I pretty much feel the same way.
                    sigpic

Comment

• onesixthscale
                      • Mar 23, 2019

I have the comics but try to stay far behind, even reading them, though plenty of poetic license is taken with the tv show. The show has been on autopilot, waiting for a crash landing. I don't have a great deal of confidence future episodes will keep the momentum of this week.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                        valar morghulis
                        • Mar 8, 2005

Funny how it's never been so much as chilly on the show, but now suddenly it's the Alaskan tundra

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Sideshow Spock
                          Funny how it's never been so much as chilly on the show, but now suddenly it's the Alaskan tundra
                          Yup, lol.

I thought for a second I was watching Jon Snow and company fighting the White Walkers in Game of Thrones, lol.

And PLEASE...Walkers don’t freeze stiff being buried in the snow???

sigpic

Comment

• Confessional
                            Maker & Whatnot
                            • Aug 8, 2012

Nothing like a inconsequential slip of a season finale <insert scratchy inaudible radio voice here> to freeze any momentum (Alpha/Beta/Daryl) Angela Kang might have created in recent episodes. Meanwhile talk of movies and yet another spin-off, while ratings continue to sink… Gimple is truly in his own dead-world.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                              Muddling through
                              • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Hector
                              Yup, lol.

I thought for a second I was watching Jon Snow and company fighting the White Walkers in Game of Thrones, lol.

And PLEASE...Walkers don’t freeze stiff being buried in the snow???

I said the same things to my wife. first off, they don't get storms like that in the DC area. 2nd, the walkers that were standing up are frozen solid but the ones completely buried are moving like it is a warm spring day. lazy writing. the whole thing with the girl trying to get herself killed is stupid too.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                                Muddling through
                                • Oct 4, 2008

who was that on the radio at the end? is Morgan coming back......again.....have we jumped the shark yet??

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎