X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toothaction
    Career Member
    • Jul 15, 2017

Originally posted by Confessional
    Not even a new director and a great song by The Jesus & Mary Chain could save that slog of an episode.
    What song did they use?
    >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• johnnystorm
      Hot Child in the City
      • Jul 3, 2008

Originally posted by Hector
      Carol looks like a witch now, burn her at the steak. Her adopted bratty little punk needs to be eaten alive by a horde.
      "BUILD A BRIDGE OUT OF HER!!" ...plus that would fix the one Rick spent six episodes fighting over and then blew up.
      Looks like Henry is going to be getting all the Carl Grimes plotlines from the comic book series. Surprised Carol hasn't told him to stay in the house yet. Lol!

Comment

• Confessional
        Maker & Whatnot
        • Aug 8, 2012

Originally posted by toothaction
        What song did they use?
        April Skies… Jesus listening to J&MC. Fitting song but I kept thinking this show isn't cool enough for this song!
        Last edited by Confessional; Nov 21, '18, 11:39 AM. Reason: … punk rock snob!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

I think this episode ended it for me. I stopped watching and deleted it. Sorry to say I'm done, but it's really bad now.

Comment

• hedrap
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 10, 2009

Just wanted to point out bobody mentioned the mid-season return was this past Sunday, or commented on it afterwards.

I haven't watched it yet, either. Man. Compared to last years mid-season, audience numbers were down 40%.

Total audience - 5.2 million. The previous low? Season 2 aka The Farm, at 8.1 million

Dan'ai announced she was doing a Maggie next year. I think she got offered better pay for less episodes. I'm not sure how much longer AMC can afford this. The ad rates will have to be cut. I'd bet Badlands got whacked because the Dead money is drying up.

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

I tried watching it when it came back a few months ago --- the one where they were on a glass floor getting a wagon.

Just wasn't pleasant watching anymore --- For the last few years it felt like a chore watching it

That's when I decided i'd rather watch ANYTHING else

Comment

• great_chandel
                Veteran Member
                • Mar 2, 2015

I still love the show! Yes, granted, seasons 7 and 8 left a lot to be desired. However, I guess because so many have signed autographs through the mail for me, and I have met many of them in person, at this point, it is more of a loyalty aspect. There are certainly shows far worse than this one! I actually like "The Whisperers!" Ryan Hurst, from "Sons of Anarchy," plays "Beta" one of the leaders of "The Whisperers." He is a darn good actor! Yes, the show will sorely miss Danai Gurira when she exits next season. Without Michonne, the show will take another step downward. However, they always seem to rebound! This season, the writing and acting have been far better than the past few years. So, maybe there is hope? A lot will tell when season 10 hits next year...……..

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

I’m so sick of Michonne and her one-note “macho” acting, you know, perpetually frowning like a fire ant constantly biting her butt. Yes, one-note acting, as she does the very same thing in Black Panther.

Enough of your wannabe Yojimbo act...disappear already...

Next? Daryl...I hope you get eaten by a horde of Walkers too. But before that, please, take just ONE shower for once, lol...
                  sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

I hate just about every damn character in Walking Dead except for two, Negan and the little girl Judith. They make a good team. I use to hate Negan, but last season, Jeffrey Dean Morgan added more complexity to his character...gone is the one note caricature clown act...he’s morphed into quite an intriguing character, I like him now. And the Juditch little actress is really good, much better than Chandler Riggs. Long live Negan and Judith...could care less about the rest...they are so unlikable now...
                    Last edited by Hector; Feb 13, '19, 8:29 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Mego Milk
                      Custom Mego Maker
                      • Jun 3, 2007

I think this mid-season has the potential of being the best season yet.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                        Muddling through
                        • Oct 4, 2008

haven't watched it yet. I thought it was weird that there was little mention of it returning. at least that I saw

Comment

• johnnystorm
                          Hot Child in the City
                          • Jul 3, 2008

The show has been better the last few episodes. The Whisperer threat is just what they need, very creepy. The show needed this reinjection of horror, got too bogged down in soap opera drama. I actually think more regulars need to go, especially Daryl and Eugene.
                          Agree with Hector about Negan and Judith too. Im betting after Michonne goes he becomes leader.
                          For those who've read the comic...do you think Michonne will take Ezekial's place in the Whisperer War?

Comment

• YoungOnce
                            Career Member
                            • Aug 29, 2007

I don’t care what they do to rehabilitate Negan, I can never forgive him for the cruel brutality of beating Abraham and Glen to death the way he did. I like to see the universe inflict it’s justice in my fictitious narratives.

Layered, complex story-telling... blah, blah, blah... if the intention was to keep his character around, they stepped over the line with me. It’s like asking me to be sympathetic to a Nazi working in the death camps.

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

I loved Negan bashing Glenn and Abraham. He should’ve bashed them all in fact, that was his mistake, lol...
                              sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

I hate how they have turned baddarze Rosita into a little Lolita. She’s involved in a foursome triangle with Father Gabriel, Eugene, and Siddiq...and she’s pregnant...take door number 1, 2, or 3. Seriously. How lame is that?

It’s like a bloody daytime soap opera now...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎