Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

I’ll keep watching because Ray Donovan is on hiatus right now...and there’s nothing else on Sunday’s...

...then, the real BADDARZE Walkers are Coming...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by YoungOnce
        I don’t care what they do to rehabilitate Negan, I can never forgive him for the cruel brutality of beating Abraham and Glen to death the way he did. I like to see the universe inflict it’s justice in my fictitious narratives.

Layered, complex story-telling... blah, blah, blah... if the intention was to keep his character around, they stepped over the line with me. It’s like asking me to be sympathetic to a Nazi working in the death camps.

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

I can’t believe it, but I’m starting to like Walking Dead again...

The Whisperes storyline is working. Their leader, Alpha, is played none other than Academy Award nominee (twice) actress Samantha Morton. She adds gravitas to the show. Alpha is one mean crazy arze mofo. A crazed and abusive (including her daughter) psycho.

I’ll keep watching...

sigpic

Comment

• megoapesnut
            The name says it all!
            • Dec 3, 2007

Originally posted by Hector
            I can’t believe it, but I’m starting to like Walking Dead again...

The Whisperes storyline is working. Their leader, Alpha, is played none other than Academy Award nominee (twice) actress Samantha Morton. She adds gravitas to the show. Alpha is one mean crazy arze mofo. A crazed and abusive (including her daughter) psycho.

I’ll keep watching...

Wow, you are right. I did not recognize her at all in WD. I always picture her from Minority Report.

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

She gained a little weight...and she’s a tad older. Yeah, Minority Report, ha...
              sigpic

Comment

• YoungOnce
                Career Member
                • Aug 29, 2007

Originally posted by Hector

Heh, heh... I like it.

And I’m glad you’re still digging the show. I tune in every few weeks to see where they are at. I guess the show has just lost something for me. It never seemed to be getting anywhere or moving toward anything.

Fact is though, I watch lots of stuff that isn’t near the quality of Walking Dead, so, there’s no accounting for taste!

Comment

• noelani72
                  27inaleon
                  • Jun 25, 2002

I don’t care what they do to rehabilitate Negan, I can never forgive him for the cruel brutality of beating Abraham and Glen to death the way he did. I like to see the universe inflict it’s justice in my fictitious narratives.

Layered, complex story-telling... blah, blah, blah... if the intention was to keep his character around, they stepped over the line with me. It’s like asking me to be sympathetic to a Nazi working in the death camps.
                  I stopped watching TWD upon seeing that episode. Now, I have a pretty good stomach, and I get special effects and all that jazz...but dang, I couldn't believe what I was watching and it turned me completely off from watching it anymore. The show had became painful to watch and that was just the straw that broke the camel's back for me I guess.

Comment

• YoungOnce
                    Career Member
                    • Aug 29, 2007

Originally posted by noelani72
                    I stopped watching TWD upon seeing that episode. Now, I have a pretty good stomach, and I get special effects and all that jazz...but dang, I couldn't believe what I was watching and it turned me completely off from watching it anymore. The show had became painful to watch and that was just the straw that broke the camel's back for me I guess.
                    That was the turning point for me too.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                      Invincible Ironing Man
                      • Feb 28, 2008

It's obvious that Negan hasn't reformed. He went back to his old patch, got a new stick and jacket, did some whistling. Remembering the good old days.
                      The only reason why he returned to his cell, is because he could no longer play King of the Hill anymore. All his pawns are gone. The best thing to do, after breaking his will in that cell, is now to put a bullet in him. End of issue.
                      But honestly, I like TWD now, as it is. It makes sense again. Daryl is doing well. The way he played that Whisperer girl, making her talk by letting her alone with the boy. Smart strategy.

I do wish they would restore some characters to their former glory. Like Carol and Rosita. Too many have been reduced to weak or non-existing. I wish one of them would walk into that cell and start putting bullets in Negan. Taking their time.
                      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

I feel like Carol is coming back with a vengeance soon.

What they have done to Rosita is criminal though. Once one of the toughest characters, she’s now part of a lame foursome romantic soap opera storyline, pathetic.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Heh, heh... I like it.

And I’m glad you’re still digging the show. I tune in every few weeks to see where they are at. I guess the show has just lost something for me. It never seemed to be getting anywhere or moving toward anything.

Fact is though, I watch lots of stuff that isn’t near the quality of Walking Dead, so, there’s no accounting for taste!
                          Hey, I religiously watch My 600 Pound Life...

Yeah, I’m still sticking with WD. I have a love and hate relationship with that show.

Sometimes I want it to go on. Sometimes I want it cancelled...

sigpic

Comment

• YoungOnce
                            Career Member
                            • Aug 29, 2007

Ha. My wife and daughters won’t miss an episode of a show called Dr Pimple Popper... it’s crazy what they’ll make a show about these days. It’s much more gory than Walking Dead.

Comment

• johnnystorm
                              Hot Child in the City
                              • Jul 3, 2008

Why the hell haven't they been doing episodes like this back half of the season all along?
                              Tonight was intense!
                              As a reader of the books, I knew what was coming, but they mixed it up and threw me a curve.
                              I have not been as taken by this series since the first season.

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

Alpha pikes...YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎