Page 1 of 10 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead Season 9 Thread

Images

Walking Dead Season 9 Thread

........And let's see whose still watching!

Have to say, I liked the tone of the first ep. The new showrunner obviously sees this as a western, and not medieval cosplay, which I think is a smart direction. Ironic to go that way while losing your sheriff, as Lincoln had been playing it as a cowboy from the get.

Not sold on the Whisperers translating well. If Maggie is really set to leave, leave, she's going to be tougher to replace.

I wasn't sure if I'd like the show without Lincoln, but Grimes is too predictable at this point. His character peak was the Terminus season and his subsequent kill 'em all attitude at Alexandria. When they decided to flip him as broken, to go opposite Negan, then he needed a gunfighter's build to a high noon showdown at the end of last season where both he and Negan bite it.

I kinda had last season on as background noise, with a peek from time to time, maybe this season will get my attention.

Images
    first episode was okay, too many damn commercials though to make it an hour and a half. definitely better than the crapfest that is Fear the walking dead. that show has jumped the shark. the writing is so bad it is laughable. I have high hopes that Lincoln leaving will actually pump some much needed vitality into the show

Fear is horrible, I stopped watching it this season after a couple of awful episodes, terrible...

...and those washed out colors, argh...

Images
    So they need farming equipment.
    Hmmm...where could we possible find those?
    Aha! In a museum, on the top floor! Brilliant. That's what I would use, ancient brittle relics.

The glass floor thing gets added, so we don't all doze off.
    Thankfully, the writers strung up Gregory, as an afterthought, probably after viewing this snoozefest themselves...
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Images
    That's what I wasn't clear about. Did they go for the equipment or the seeds? The seeds were a clever idea, but they dropped it after mentioning them.

Fear is hard to watch, literally. The post washout effect can be too much.

Did they ever find Madison's body? If not, that's a nice backdoor if they need her on TWD after Maggie leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorn Captain View Post
    So they need farming equipment.
    Hmmm...where could we possible find those?
    Aha! In a museum, on the top floor! Brilliant. That's what I would use, ancient brittle relics.

The glass floor thing gets added, so we don't all doze off.
    Thankfully, the writers strung up Gregory, as an afterthought, probably after viewing this snoozefest themselves...
    It's stupid that they took the heaviest item over the glass floor first. If they took the plow before the wagon, everything would have been fine, and nobody would have fallen through the glass. Just fricken retarded. I could help them out a lot, because they are all pretty stupid. They still wear no zombie protection. With one or two rolls of duct tape, you could make a zombie proof outfit out of some old clothes. I made some for riding my motorcycle. And still walking and not using bicycles to get around. So stupid. I found the new episode very boring and frustrating.
    Z Nation is way more fun to watch...

Yeah, the glass floor thing was pretty ridiculous. First, those traffic glass floors are designed to withstand tons of weight. Steel beams and high grade super thick metallic glass, like those featured in many skyscrapers. Countless people were walking on those over and over for years and years. The constant non stop movement of human beings walking back and forth created not only vibration, but their weight was much greater than that old wagon. And speaking of wagons. Why can’t they build one? I mean, people way back in past centuries did. What a bunch of clueless and useless humans, lol.

P.S. Ezekiel, next time walking right on top of the steel beams, lol...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hedrap View Post
    Did they ever find Madison's body? If not, that's a nice backdoor if they need her on TWD after Maggie leaves.
    not only did they never find a body, they never actually showed her die, so yeah, she will be back, not that it will matter. Fear is just awful, and TWD is tired. I hope that the change in cast might be the shot in the arm it needs, but I doubt it

The season premiere ratings of WD was 47% lower than last year’s.

The show is dying like a well marinated Walker...