X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

Walking Dead Season 9 Thread

........And let's see whose still watching!

Have to say, I liked the tone of the first ep. The new showrunner obviously sees this as a western, and not medieval cosplay, which I think is a smart direction. Ironic to go that way while losing your sheriff, as Lincoln had been playing it as a cowboy from the get.

Not sold on the Whisperers translating well. If Maggie is really set to leave, leave, she's going to be tougher to replace.

I wasn't sure if I'd like the show without Lincoln, but Grimes is too predictable at this point. His character peak was the Terminus season and his subsequent kill 'em all attitude at Alexandria. When they decided to flip him as broken, to go opposite Negan, then he needed a gunfighter's build to a high noon showdown at the end of last season where both he and Negan bite it.
  • alex
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 15, 2009

I kinda had last season on as background noise, with a peek from time to time, maybe this season will get my attention.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

first episode was okay, too many damn commercials though to make it an hour and a half. definitely better than the crapfest that is Fear the walking dead. that show has jumped the shark. the writing is so bad it is laughable. I have high hopes that Lincoln leaving will actually pump some much needed vitality into the show

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Fear is horrible, I stopped watching it this season after a couple of awful episodes, terrible...

...and those washed out colors, argh...
        sigpic

Comment

• Gorn Captain
          Invincible Ironing Man
          • Feb 28, 2008

So they need farming equipment.
          Hmmm...where could we possible find those?
          Aha! In a museum, on the top floor! Brilliant. That's what I would use, ancient brittle relics.

The glass floor thing gets added, so we don't all doze off.
          Thankfully, the writers strung up Gregory, as an afterthought, probably after viewing this snoozefest themselves...
          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• hedrap
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 10, 2009

That's what I wasn't clear about. Did they go for the equipment or the seeds? The seeds were a clever idea, but they dropped it after mentioning them.

Fear is hard to watch, literally. The post washout effect can be too much.

Did they ever find Madison's body? If not, that's a nice backdoor if they need her on TWD after Maggie leaves.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
              Aha! In a museum, on the top floor! Brilliant. That's what I would use, ancient brittle relics.

Thankfully, the writers strung up Gregory, as an afterthought, probably after viewing this snoozefest themselves...
              It's stupid that they took the heaviest item over the glass floor first. If they took the plow before the wagon, everything would have been fine, and nobody would have fallen through the glass. Just fricken retarded. I could help them out a lot, because they are all pretty stupid. They still wear no zombie protection. With one or two rolls of duct tape, you could make a zombie proof outfit out of some old clothes. I made some for riding my motorcycle. And still walking and not using bicycles to get around. So stupid. I found the new episode very boring and frustrating.
              Z Nation is way more fun to watch...

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Yeah, the glass floor thing was pretty ridiculous. First, those traffic glass floors are designed to withstand tons of weight. Steel beams and high grade super thick metallic glass, like those featured in many skyscrapers. Countless people were walking on those over and over for years and years. The constant non stop movement of human beings walking back and forth created not only vibration, but their weight was much greater than that old wagon. And speaking of wagons. Why can’t they build one? I mean, people way back in past centuries did. What a bunch of clueless and useless humans, lol.

P.S. Ezekiel, next time walking right on top of the steel beams, lol...

sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by hedrap
                  Did they ever find Madison's body? If not, that's a nice backdoor if they need her on TWD after Maggie leaves.
                  not only did they never find a body, they never actually showed her die, so yeah, she will be back, not that it will matter. Fear is just awful, and TWD is tired. I hope that the change in cast might be the shot in the arm it needs, but I doubt it

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

The season premiere ratings of WD was 47% lower than last year’s.

The show is dying like a well marinated Walker...
                    sigpic

Comment

• Klosterheim
                      Persistent Member
                      • Mar 23, 2013

The characters do many questionable things, but that's always been the way with stories. A lot of times if a character does not make some kind of mistake, there is no story to tell.

In reality,(in a similar non-living-dead catastrophe), with such a decreased population, there would be an abundance of equipment and tools.

They should have hit a library while in DC, to learn how to build things.

They never did say what happened to the nuclear plants and nuclear powered ships or submarines, to take advantage of their energy.

They could have even built a Henry Ford style car factory by now, but I like the show.

I wanna see them build that bridge! The writers should have something special for that.

Plus, there should be plenty of lumber yards and construction companies, where they could get bags of cement and concrete blocks to build a bunch of Zombie Walls.

Anything that is not food, medicine and weapons should still be plentiful in the world.

Aside from bad nutrition, at least humans would be healthier during the fall of civilization, with all that walking through nature.

All survivors should have traveled along the rivers, water for easy transportation and fish for food, water for drinking, unless the Zombie Virus effected the rivers, but that one community ate all kinds of fish.

Comment

• johnnystorm
                        Hot Child in the City
                        • Jul 3, 2008

10 more years is what AMC is claiming. If they recycled the cast every few seasons maybe. Rick leaving is actually the most positive thing they've done, aside from killing off Carl. Now if they could get rid of Daryl, things would realky perk up. Talk about an actor that can drag a scene down!
                        I thought the whole idea of getting the muaeum pieces was to take them back and copy how they were made. To a certain extent it makes a little sense, certainly it's easier for an average guy to see how something works as opposed to just diagrams in a book. But certainly they are deep wirhin rural Virginia and there has to be a farming supply store somewhere in their area. My God, I live in Central Pa. And there are literally 6 Tractor Supply stores within 25 miles. I'm pretty sure that farming equipment and shovels weren't looted out like food and gasoline.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                          valar morghulis
                          • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by Gorn Captain

An excellent summation.

Thankfully I had it on DVR so I didn't also have to slog through the ridiculous 40 minutes of commercials.

Comment

• hedrap
                            Permanent Member
                            • Feb 10, 2009

I believe the implication is, between Fear and Rick awakening, all the resources we think of were ransacked or destroyed. If the military was napalming cities, that would destroy a lot of construction equipment. If people started fleeing to the countryside, what would be left?

I think the lack of resources is credible, but the chronology of the show is so askewed it seems like they've had access to everything for years on end.

I'm having a hard time with the herd concept. It makes sense in theory, but if they're so "zombie" in group mentality, they would be easy to wipe out. Wasn't it established they're attracted by sound and movement? Start a raging fire pit and they should walk right into it.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                              Invincible Ironing Man
                              • Feb 28, 2008

Daryl kicking the chair from under Gregory was the only feel-good moment for me.
                              Let's see more of that!
                              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎