Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Thread: The Avenger (Pulp Hero)

Images

The Avenger (Pulp Hero)

I've been wanting to do a custom of the Avenger for a while, but I'm stuck on the costume. Aside from commissioning one, anybody have any suggestion on an existing outfit that would be relatively easy to mod to get the look in the pic?

Screenshot_20181007-195139~2.jpg

Images
    Blog Entries
    You might try modifying a CTVT gray suit. But I'ts going to be challenging to replicate that distinctive jacket. CTVT does offer a double breated men's suit, you could remove the buttons from the jacket and shorten it. The side zipper could be a decorative silver applique.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Oct 7, '18 at 9:04 PM.
    WANTED: Gray AJ Mustang horse; Dale Arden dagger; Grayson SI trousers; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    Yeah, I've been looking at their Stooges vintage style suit and wondering that. There were those shirts they did for the TZ "Eye Of the Beholder" figures, which I thought I could dye but were short-sleeved.

Images
    Blog Entries
    I'd love to see those TZ pharmacist/intern smocks in long sleeves.
    WANTED: Gray AJ Mustang horse; Dale Arden dagger; Grayson SI trousers; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

If you were doing it in 12 inch scale, one of the Soldiers of the World Confederate uniforms would be a good base to mod to that outfit, especially the Confederate General...

not sure how difficult it would be to take in and trim to fit the 8 inch scale, probably not easy enough to qualify as an easy mod. Not sure if there are any existing Confederate style jackets in 8 inch scale (they would work for a Jonah Hex custom as well).

-M

Images
    ^^ Yeah, a good idea, but if I'm going to tailor down a 12" figure's coat, I suspect I could just make one for 8" for the same amount of work.