X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • knight errant00
    8 Inch Action Figure
    • Nov 15, 2005

The Avenger (Pulp Hero)

I've been wanting to do a custom of the Avenger for a while, but I'm stuck on the costume. Aside from commissioning one, anybody have any suggestion on an existing outfit that would be relatively easy to mod to get the look in the pic?

Screenshot_20181007-195139~2.jpg
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

You might try modifying a CTVT gray suit. But I'ts going to be challenging to replicate that distinctive jacket. CTVT does offer a double breated men's suit, you could remove the buttons from the jacket and shorten it. The side zipper could be a decorative silver applique.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Oct 7, '18, 9:04 PM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• knight errant00
      8 Inch Action Figure
      • Nov 15, 2005

Yeah, I've been looking at their Stooges vintage style suit and wondering that. There were those shirts they did for the TZ "Eye Of the Beholder" figures, which I thought I could dye but were short-sleeved.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I'd love to see those TZ pharmacist/intern smocks in long sleeves.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MRP
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 19, 2016

If you were doing it in 12 inch scale, one of the Soldiers of the World Confederate uniforms would be a good base to mod to that outfit, especially the Confederate General...

not sure how difficult it would be to take in and trim to fit the 8 inch scale, probably not easy enough to qualify as an easy mod. Not sure if there are any existing Confederate style jackets in 8 inch scale (they would work for a Jonah Hex custom as well).

-M
          "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• knight errant00
            8 Inch Action Figure
            • Nov 15, 2005

^^ Yeah, a good idea, but if I'm going to tailor down a 12" figure's coat, I suspect I could just make one for 8" for the same amount of work.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎