Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The History of Mego Tarzan : New Video Short from the MegoMuseum

Sorry to change the subject -- and I really enjoyed the video, BTW -- but from the Twitter tweet, this was made using PowerDirector? Do you mind me asking what version was used?

Thanks!
    Last edited by TRDouble; Oct 10, '18 at 9:26 PM.

I was a huge Tarzan fan as a kid. I remember ditching the tan bodysuit as soon as I got him. He looked 100% better.

I also think the FTC Korak is a great figure. One of the best they've ever produced.
    Last edited by GlobalObserver; Oct 15, '18 at 3:43 PM.

Images
    I really like Korak, too. Even if one doesn't like the character, the trunks and accessories are terrific custom fodder.
    WANTED: Gray AJ Mustang horse; Dale Arden dagger; Parker SI sweater; Grayson SI trousers; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
    I enjoyed that. I'm not sure I knew T2 Tarzans are harder to find than T1.
    since heads can be switched, I imagine it doesn't affect value. the only way to tell a real T1 from T2 is neck plug shape -which is not visible.

Images
    Usually there is a color variation, too, with T1 heads being paler/peachier and T2's being more bronzed/orangish.
    WANTED: Gray AJ Mustang horse; Dale Arden dagger; Parker SI sweater; Grayson SI trousers; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    Usually there is a color variation, too, with T1 heads being paler/peachier and T2's being more bronzed/orangish.
    That's interesting to know, I also thought that the T1 neck plugs were thinner and longer and the T2 neck plugs were
    short and thicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Canary View Post
    I actually really like the Tarzan figure, right down to his shaggy hairstyle...
    "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery..."

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.