Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pmwasson
    Maker
    • Sep 12, 2007

That is a great video. Thanks for making it.
    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• MRP
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2016

Tarzan was one of the Megos I had as a kid. Couldn't tell you now if he was type 1 or type 2. As a kid, I just always thought he was a DC Mego (as Conan was a Marvel Mego) because DC was putting out the Tarzan comics at the time (they were regular reads at the barber shop but I didn't have any Tarzan comics of my own), and never quite put together the fact he was licensed by DC with the fact a toy company would have to license him separately. I think I got him because my dad was a big fan of the Weissmuller movies and Tarzan was one of the Sunday comic strips we would sit and read together (Phantom, Peanuts, Beetle Bailey and Hagar the Horrible were the others). I became an even bigger fan of Tarzan when the Filmation cartoon started, and still had my Tarzan Mego then. A few moves later and Tarzan was gone, a victim of the regular toy downsizing I had to do whenever we moved.

-M
      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Goblin19
        Talkative Member
        • May 2, 2002

Really good video. I love Mego Tarzan, even though I wasn’t aware of him as a kid.

Comment

• rykerw1701
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 27, 2007

Great job. I learned a bit, and I've been collecting Megos for 20 years.

Comment

• Mego Milk
            Custom Mego Maker
            • Jun 3, 2007

that was real cool.

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

Sorry to change the subject -- and I really enjoyed the video, BTW -- but from the Twitter tweet, this was made using PowerDirector? Do you mind me asking what version was used?

Thanks!
              Last edited by TRDouble; Oct 10, '18, 9:26 PM.

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 12, 2004

I was a huge Tarzan fan as a kid. I remember ditching the tan bodysuit as soon as I got him. He looked 100% better.

I also think the FTC Korak is a great figure. One of the best they've ever produced.
                Last edited by GlobalObserver; Oct 15, '18, 3:43 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

I really like Korak, too. Even if one doesn't like the character, the trunks and accessories are terrific custom fodder.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Brue
                    User without title
                    • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by ScottA
                    I enjoyed that. I'm not sure I knew T2 Tarzans are harder to find than T1.
                    since heads can be switched, I imagine it doesn't affect value. the only way to tell a real T1 from T2 is neck plug shape -which is not visible.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Usually there is a color variation, too, with T1 heads being paler/peachier and T2's being more bronzed/orangish.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
                        Trek or Treat
                        • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                        Usually there is a color variation, too, with T1 heads being paler/peachier and T2's being more bronzed/orangish.
                        That's interesting to know, I also thought that the T1 neck plugs were thinner and longer and the T2 neck plugs were
                        short and thicker.

Comment

• J.B.
                          Guild Navigator
                          • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by Mary Canary
                          I actually really like the Tarzan figure, right down to his shaggy hairstyle...
                          "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery..."

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Mary Canary
                            Career Member
                            • Jun 21, 2017

^ Haha! Oh my gosh! I never noticed!

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡