• Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Mego 2.0 14" Hero Lineup

Here are my 14" Heroes, temporarily located:

Mego 2.0 14-inch figures.jpg

Such an improvement from Wave One to Wave Two!

I am always partial to anything Batgirl, but Superman is outstanding. Besides the small head and long neck issues on Batman, the clothes on Superman and Green Lantern seem better tailored too.

I've had body issues with both waves -- my Zod has a floppy waist, my GL and especially Superman cannot keep their left arms raised straight up -- but I can get most poses out of them; at least the ones they need to be on a shelf.

I don't know that I see any improvements from Wonder Woman to Batgirl and I haven't open Poison Ivy yet. Batgirl's body is solid, as was Wonder Woman's. Costume is nice; hair needs some work after opening. The belt seems a tad high on the body, but that's nitpicking. Some say WW and Poison Ivy share the same head sculpt, so it's nice to see Batgirl with a totally new head sculpt; it's very reminiscent of the DC Direct 13" Batgirl. I'm glad they went with the black costume too.
    Last edited by TRDouble; Oct 6, '18, 11:38 AM.
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Dang Batman's head is tiny. Looks like the guy in the waiting room in Beetlejuice.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

It looks like Superman is trying to hold Batgirl's hand, and she's having nothing to do with it.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

The best looking figures in the picture are Gl, Supes, and Wonder Woman.

Comment

• Ivaniski
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 24, 2007

Batman and Wonder woman look out of place with her big head, and his tiny head.

Comment

• darkbros
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
            The best looking figures in the picture are Gl, Supes, and Wonder Woman.
            agreed. I may never open my 14" Batman at this point....
            Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
            https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------
            "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by darkbros
              agreed. I may never open my 14" Batman at this point....
              You can contact Dr Mego and get a replacement head without the long neck. That might be worth opening it for.

Comment

• The Batman Professor
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 15, 2010

Blue Batman is 100% WIN. Just found one at retail, and promptly cracked him open. He’s just as nice as the Flash, IMO.
                sigpicSWEAR TO ME!

Comment

• Spectator
                  Museum Patron
                  • Feb 4, 2019

Green Lantern looks really nice.

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

I've since moved my figures to a somewhat permanent home and swapped out black Bats for blue Bats. BTW, black Batman with the replacement head looked good with his fellow Justice Leaguers.

Mego DC 14-Inch Figures.jpg

Comment

• The Batman Professor
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 15, 2010

Special thanks to forum member WEREWOLF for steering me in the right direction to acquire the Joker's jacket.
                      Last edited by The Batman Professor; Feb 16, '19, 2:59 PM.
                      sigpicSWEAR TO ME!

Comment

• TRDouble
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jul 10, 2012

Very nice, The Batman Professor!

I still need to figure out what to do with the villains. I have them all -- all of the 14" figures, except Harley Quinn -- but I barely have room for the heroes, much less the villains; I don't even have Batgirl in my line-up right now. I may just keep the villains boxed (except Zod, which I opened and tossed the box). And I need to get the jacket on The Joker too.

Maybe if I relocate my DC Direct 13" Batman, Robin & Batgirl to a new shelf...

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Those two really look good together.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎