X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Disney has other employees that currently make far worse comments but stay employed. It's the double standard that I find shouldn't be tolerated by the company.

Comment

• SeattleEd
      SynthoRes Transmigrator
      • Oct 24, 2007

Going to miss the character. Not surprised by this move seeing that she was warned from the producers about her social media behavior. Being chummy with Carl Weathers, you would think she would have learned from him on how to separate politics from your career by being reserved on political opinions. Now it's career suicide.

Attached Files

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
        Often invisible
        • Jul 18, 2002

Ah, they can just hire Lucy Lawless to play Cara Dune and move on like nothing happened.
        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• hedrap
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          I would almost guarantee there are now clauses in contracts with studios detailing company accepted behavior on social media. She kept doubling down after being warned, so yeah, it was a really dumb move for her. I enjoyed her character, so I will miss her presence on the show, but I can't blame Lucasfilm for following through with their no doubt stated policies. Every employee is beholden to such things.

Chris
          This is it. She has a morality clause. It's apart of the vast majority of studio contracts, (I don't think Amazon and Apple have one), and it's a big deal at Disney. All the Disney Kids you see go nuts later in life always refer to the restrictions of when they worked there.

Once they changed her Cara Dune show into Galaxy Rangers orwhateveritscalled, that gave Disney the out to kill her character at any point and keep going on with an ensemble (probably led by Olyphant). Considering they're probably far enough into the scripting stage plus they've wanted to fire her for months, I wouldn't be shocked if she was told Cara's dying in the pilot or whenever, and this was her forcing her way out.

Comment

• drquest
            ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
            • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
            Ah, they can just hire Lucy Lawless to play Cara Dune and move on like nothing happened.
            I'd go for this. She has history with Katee Sackhoff from the Battlestar Galactica days.
            Danny(Drquest)
            Captain Action HQ
            Retro shirts and stuff
            More retro shirts
            Stuff For Sale

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

Well. she might not be gone after all.

[video=youtube;]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZsTBdTwVWo[/video]

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

She repeatedly violated her contract and was repeatedly warned not to. Her contract was not renewed and she is not coming back.

I agree with recasting with Lucy Lawless. She can actually act.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• YoungOnce
                  Career Member
                  • Aug 29, 2007

I’d kinda like to see James Gunn come to her defense.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                    Still Old School
                    • Feb 14, 2008

Sadly, we live in a society where a differing opinion or mindset can cost you your job. You either agree with the masses or pay the price. Freedom of speech has become a joke. Hollywood wants nothing but PC robots.
                    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

She has a right to free speech, but her employers have a right to disassociate themselves from her, when the views she shares are considered inflammatory and insulting to a large number of their consumers. No one's stopping her from speaking her mind. She has the right to free speech, but that doesn't protect her from the potential backlash that comes with it.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎