X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
    I think the egg eating thing was to give the show some teeth back after the marketing department and toy makers went all in on making cuddly Baby Yoda toys. That being said, I bet the toy companies are kind of ticked off that this episode aired right during the Christmas buying season!
    This! I have seen so many places that make it sound like it was some misstep by the show... like "we all know that the only reaction to Baby Yoda that is acceptable is 'awwwww'.... and this produced a different reaction." To me, that seemed the whole point. It gave some dimension to the character... although we have seen a bit of this side to the character before. (Plus, it is a very Star Wars thing to do. Ewoks were cute, but they also apparently like to eat people.)

And besides, it was essentially a horror episode. It worked to help ratchet up the suspense.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Didn't Chewbacca eat porgs? Adding some salt with your sweet makes it tastier.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Porg and chicken are not sentient species. So they don't compare to the alien's eggs.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

and the child is a toddler who doesn't know anything other than that he was hungry and there were eggs there

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
            Porg and chicken are not sentient species. So they don't compare to the alien's eggs.

Chickens are a sentient species. WHO DO YOU THINK PAINTED MURAL IN DENVER AIRPORT? WAKE UP PEOPLE!
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Klosterheim
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 23, 2013

I wonder if they will have more Deadwood actors as guest stars.

And, it should be cool when they show a few more things from Clone Wars history.

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                I think the egg eating thing was to give the show some teeth back after the marketing department and toy makers went all in on making cuddly Baby Yoda toys. That being said, I bet the toy companies are kind of ticked off that this episode aired right during the Christmas buying season!

But really...they were unfertilized eggs. If you eat an omelet, you are just as guilty. Although chickens aren't nearly extinct...

But anyway, this week's was a great episode. I had no idea that was Katee Sackhoff until the closing credits. I never watched the "new" BSG, so I wasn't really aware of her beyond her name when she showed up on The Flash as Blacksmith. I thought she was HORRIBLE on that show, and I didn't understand why there was so much buzz about her on BSG. But now I see, whoever wrote and directed her to act that way on Flash needs to have their union card revoked. She was great here!

Chris
                BSG season 1-3 is awesome. Season 4, the last one, not so much. Was not crazy about the ending. But overall a great show.

And yes, Katee Sackhoff was great as Starbuck.
                Last edited by Hector; Nov 18, '20, 11:55 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

• sprytel
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Klosterheim
                  And, it should be cool when they show a few more things from Clone Wars history.
                  Well it certainly seems like Ahsoka Tano is showing up soon. And based on where things left with Rebels, that *could* mean that Ezra Bridger will show up too.

I love the way Filoni brings in all of these things from the movies and his TV shows without it feeling like that sort of cheap, winking "hey remember that scene from the old movies..."

Comment

• drquest
                    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                    • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Hector
                    BSG season 1-3 is awesome. Season 4, the last one, not so much. Was not crazy about the ending. But overall a great show.

And yes, Katee Sackhoff was great as Starbuck.
                    I re-watched BSG a few months ago and it's really a great series. Yes season 4 is not as good, but overall it was some of the best SciFi on TV.
                    Danny(Drquest)
                    Captain Action HQ
                    Retro shirts and stuff
                    More retro shirts
                    Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by drquest
                      I re-watched BSG a few months ago and it's really a great series. Yes season 4 is not as good, but overall it was some of the best SciFi on TV.
                      Yup, agreed.

***spoiler, in case any here have still not seen this 12 year old series, and might still watch it one day...***

Didn’t like the ending though. I personally would’ve taken over the world with my technology and fleet at hand...

Last edited by Hector; Nov 18, '20, 6:37 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Klosterheim
                        Persistent Member
                        • Mar 23, 2013

Originally posted by sprytel
                        Well it certainly seems like Ahsoka Tano is showing up soon. And based on where things left with Rebels, that *could* mean that Ezra Bridger will show up too.

I love the way Filoni brings in all of these things from the movies and his TV shows without it feeling like that sort of cheap, winking "hey remember that scene from the old movies..."
                        That would be good to bring in Ezra. There were some creative things that surrounded the character.

I agree. The Mandalorian series does seem more balanced out in that aspect.

It seems like there is just the right amount of classic creatures and lifeforms, with nice sets and character types from the original movies, and prequels.

Everything has a function and I think it works well.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                          HULK SMASH!
                          • Apr 3, 2010

Chapter 12 was awesome. Cara's back, at last!
                          PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

another great episode. directed by Carl Weathers. the speeder bike scene coming down the mountain was really cool.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

I was watching last night's episode thinking "This chase sequence is just as good, if not better than anything in a Star Wars film". Apparently there is a another gaff though, with a crew members arm visible during the corridor fight sequence!

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

For how long though?

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
                                Chapter 12 was awesome. Cara's back, at last!
                                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎