X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

hope it doesn't turn into call back of the week every episode. The series was fine as pretty much a standalone off in its corner of the galaxy.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

well apparently Boba Fett will only be in one episode

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

If Bobba Fett shows up in the present of the show, they will finally, officially canonize his surviving the Sarlac Pit. About time!

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• powersthatbe
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 27, 2010

I read he will be featured more in season 3.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

Katie Sackhoff has been cast as the leader of Mando, same character she played in Rebels

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
              Often invisible
              • Jul 18, 2002

Was it canon that Boba Fett wasn’t a true Mandalorian, or is that some post series lore? I’m more interested if in Boba showing up if he has stolen armor and isn’t a true Mandalorian.

Of course, it’s been established that Mandalorian is a creed and not a race so I guess they can do anything they want.
              Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• MRP
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 19, 2016

Isn't Boba still the clone of Jango though? (hence the casting for the Mandalorian series) The Prequels are still canon, so Boba's armor comes from Jango doesn't it? Was Jango a Madolorian? Or could Boba have been adopted as an orphan by Mandalorians post-Attack of the Clones?

-M
                "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• jwyblejr
                  galactic yo-yo
                  • Apr 6, 2006

Jango and Boba aren't Mandalorians. That came from Lucas himself.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                    Often invisible
                    • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by MRP
                    Isn't Boba still the clone of Jango though? (hence the casting for the Mandalorian series) The Prequels are still canon, so Boba's armor comes from Jango doesn't it? Was Jango a Madolorian? Or could Boba have been adopted as an orphan by Mandalorians post-Attack of the Clones?

-M
                    Jango sure showed his face a lot for a Mandalorian. But it seems like all you have to do is wear a helmet and say “this is the way” and you’re a Mandalorian, so they could pretty much have Boba do anything post Jedi to tell the story they want to tell.

Frankly, I like Mando so much that I’m rooting for Fett to be the villain that he is. It would be annoying to me if they met and were best buddies.
                    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

Katie Sackhoff has been cast as the leader of Mando, same character she played in Rebels
                      Oh good Lord, I hope she's better here than on The Flash. I never watched the new BSG, and I know a lot of folks love her there, but I think she's actually cringey on Flash. Maybe it's the way her character is written, but...ugh.

I do hope they address that Boba never seemed to follow "the way" in anything we ever saw him in. Him (and Jango) using the armor without following the code should ruffle some feathers and make for some interesting moments.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• drquest
                        ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                        • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                        Oh good Lord, I hope she's better here than on The Flash. I never watched the new BSG, and I know a lot of folks love her there, but I think she's actually cringey on Flash. Maybe it's the way her character is written, but...ugh.

I do hope they address that Boba never seemed to follow "the way" in anything we ever saw him in. Him (and Jango) using the armor without following the code should ruffle some feathers and make for some interesting moments.

Chris
                        She was great in the reboot BSG, but I haven't seen her in anything recent other than her voice work.
                        Danny(Drquest)
                        Captain Action HQ
                        Retro shirts and stuff
                        More retro shirts
                        Stuff For Sale

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                          I love Katie Sackoff, she's awesome, when she's on the Flash? I can't change the channel fast enough. I feel embarrassed for her.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

^It doesn't help that her "scary" super power involves her carrying around a small metal pail full of random metal pieces. I'm not sure anyone could do much with that character, but her "teeth first" annunciation of every line is really grating.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• sprytel
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                              Jango sure showed his face a lot for a Mandalorian. But it seems like all you have to do is wear a helmet and say “this is the way” and you’re a Mandalorian, so they could pretty much have Boba do anything post Jedi to tell the story they want to tell.
                              On Star Wars Rebels, Sabine Wren was a Mandalorian and didn't wear her helmet all the time. In fact, they had several episodes on Madalore and the helmet removal was never a thing. Clone Wars as well, if I remember correctly.

Since Dave Filoni created all three, I have to think either (1) the helmet thing is unique to his clan, or (2) it is related to why they are in exile instead of on their homeworld.

Comment

• sprytel
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 26, 2009

Her Flash performance is so hammie... it actually is in that same category as Wentworth Miller's Captain Cold... it eventually transcended cringe-inducing and somehow became a majestic thing in and of itself.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎