Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 81318232831323334 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars "The Mandalorian" Live Action TV Series

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
    Definitely an awesome villain. So glad they didn't kill him off.
    Yes, I was rooting against him, but at the same time, I wanted him to live, lol...

Just finished the second season. wonderful show.

Gina Carano fired for total b.s. reason! Time to cancel Disney+ streaming service!
    Last edited by LonnieFisher; Feb 11, '21 at 2:38 AM.

I’m cancelling nothing. I love The Mandalorian.

I’m not getting into politics, we all know the rules here.

Images
    Not getting into it, but if I said some of the things she did, my company would probably fire me, and I'm not a high-profile celebrity. She still has the right to express her opinion, but she lost the right to be employed by Lucasfilm because of it.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

I really disliked the deus ex machina ending of season 2. And they still don’t have the cgi figured out to keep the characters from looking dead eyed. It was the only misstep in an otherwise amazing series.

And, I ask as I’m sharing my thoughts, why do people feel the need to share their thoughts online? Especially when you have a job with a company that will likely not want to be associated with you once those thoughts are shared? I like Gina Carano, she can think whatever she wants, but what a dumb move on her part.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Images
    Blog Entries
    And she was presumably warned too

Images
    And, I ask as I’m sharing my thoughts, why do people feel the need to share their thoughts online? Especially when you have a job with a company that will likely not want to be associated with you once those thoughts are shared? I like Gina Carano, she can think whatever she wants, but what a dumb move on her part.
    I would almost guarantee there are now clauses in contracts with studios detailing company accepted behavior on social media. She kept doubling down after being warned, so yeah, it was a really dumb move for her. I enjoyed her character, so I will miss her presence on the show, but I can't blame Lucasfilm for following through with their no doubt stated policies. Every employee is beholden to such things.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Earth 2 Chris View Post
    I would almost guarantee there are now clauses in contracts with studios detailing company accepted behavior on social media. She kept doubling down after being warned, so yeah, it was a really dumb move for her. I enjoyed her character, so I will miss her presence on the show, but I can't blame Lucasfilm for following through with their no doubt stated policies. Every employee is beholden to such things.

Chris
    I've seen clauses in contracts for "ordinary" jobs, so I am sure studios have them in place. I have a little bit of a problem when past tweets/posts are dug up and used against someone after the fact*, but in this age, with social media being checked and double-checked and included in contracts, I don't get crying victim when it works against someone. We all have the right to share opinions, but employers also have the right to use that against us.

*I understand being responsible for what one says, but when the offending comments are brought up after a certain level of celebrity, it feels like digging for issues. When the actor who played Elongated Man was dumped from Flash for tweets he made in the past (which the producers hadn't bothered looking into when hiring him), I felt like it was a late response to something they could have dealt with initially. That said, we know Lucasfilm has clauses on things like spoilers that cannot go into social media, so it's hard to imagine they haven't addressed this.
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.