X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bruce Banner
    HULK SMASH!
    • Apr 3, 2010

Star Wars "The Mandalorian" Live Action TV Series

Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun! After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic. The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode. Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok). It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer.
    Details emerge for Lucasfilm's live-action series helmed by Jon Favreau.

PUNY HUMANS!
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

This looks REALLY cool. Lots of potential, and so glad it's somebody different than Fett. I really trust Favreau, and Filoni. I wish they'd be given feature films to do. So glad to see Taika Waititi is one of the directors. I hope that means it won't always be deadpan serious, and have some fun and humor as well.

OK Disney, you'll get my money.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

could be very good, or just crap. still don't think I will pay for the Disney Streaming service. I will just wait for the bluray

Comment

• Klosterheim
        Persistent Member
        • Mar 23, 2013

It sounds like a series that I'll really like.

Comment

• Timothy2251
          Jerks beef with Ten Bears
          • Mar 15, 2008

This is exactly what I wanted from a Star Wars spin-off. A story that's pretty much it's own beast - a new character with a yet to be learned backstory that has the entire Star Wars universe to play in without fear of going against canon. Plus I can only imagine the action figures we'll get from this!
          "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Bruce Banner
            HULK SMASH!
            • Apr 3, 2010

Rumours and speculation have already started to run rampant... including the theory that the main character in the show will be a female Mandalorian.
            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
              could be very good, or just crap. still don't think I will pay for the Disney Streaming service. I will just wait for the bluray
              Won't be crap. Dave Filoni is one of the Executive Producers.

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

SW Cosplayers everywhere are rejoicing that there's finally Mando armor without a codpiece, which will allow them to actually sit in a chair in their costumes.

As for the rumor of the Mandalorian being female, I wonder if that is fans subconsciously associating the chrome helmet with Captain Phasma. Wouldn't it be delightful if the helmet stayed on for the ENTIRE series? (Final episode, character is shot down, they are about to take the helmet off and it cuts to black. ). I know that would drive some people crazy who need to have every blank filled in, but for me it would be so tantalizing to tease the mystery. Sort of like how Ditko would always obscure the face of Norman Osborn before he was revealed to be the Green Goblin.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                  HULK SMASH!
                  • Apr 3, 2010

A behind the scenes shot from the series:

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• The Bat
                    Batman Fanatic
                    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                    Won't be crap. Dave Filoni is one of the Executive Producers.
                    Depends on how much involvement Kathleen Kennedy has.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
                      Citizen of Gotham
                      • Nov 17, 2012

Kathleen Kennedy has had involvement in

ET, Poltergeist, Temple of Doom, Back to the Future, Goonies, and Jurassic Park to name just a few. I’d be glad to have her producing my show given the box office and Oscar nods she’s been associated with.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                        HULK SMASH!
                        • Apr 3, 2010

A closer look at a cool rifle from the series:

Slightly reminiscent of Boba Fett's weapon from The Star Wars Holiday Special:

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• The Bat
                          Batman Fanatic
                          • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Hedji
                          Kathleen Kennedy has had involvement in

ET, Poltergeist, Temple of Doom, Back to the Future, Goonies, and Jurassic Park to name just a few. I’d be glad to have her producing my show given the box office and Oscar nods she’s been associated with.
                          That was before she was put in charge of Lucas Film and given to much CONTROL and started pushing her own personal agenda. As long as she's involved...Star Wars is dead "to me." If other people don't mind her personal politics crammed down their throats, then hey good for them...but it's not for me. By her own admission...she's not making Star Wars for the "male fans" anyway..."The Force is Female!"
                          sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
                            Citizen of Gotham
                            • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by The Bat
                            As long as she's involved...Star Wars is dead "to me."
                            But what if she's involved with a Star Wars project that you end up enjoying? Or is your enjoyment predicated on her involvement despite what ends up on the screen?

Comment

• The Bat
                              Batman Fanatic
                              • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Hedji
                              But what if she's involved with a Star Wars project that you end up enjoying? Or is your enjoyment predicated on her involvement despite what ends up on the screen?
                              I'm not ruling out giving future Star Wars projects a chance(even have Han Solo on my Netflix DVD list), but I'm watching very closely to see how much influence she has on said Projects. And believe me...it's not hard to spot her handiwork.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎