X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • k2
    Career Member
    • Sep 12, 2007

mego gone from Target?

2 Targets close to me don’t have the Mego displays anymore and never really saw wave 2, one of them had the Dorthy/Witch 2 pack and a few bewitched.
    a person working at Target told me they weren’t stocking mego anymore.
    anybody know anything about this?
  • cockyhoskins
    Career Member
    • Jan 13, 2009

I thought we heard that the end cap would go away with wave 1, but I certainly have seen and bought wave 2 in a local Target. My guess is the person you spoke to is talking out of their backside.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

I believe they are revamping their toy aisles, yet again, and they will be back out again in aisles, soon

Comment

• Creature Of The Wheel
        • Aug 26, 2018

Wave 1 has vanished from my local Target in SC and wave 2 hasn't shown up yet.
        " Well now...seems just like old times."

Comment

• boss
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 18, 2003

I went to 3 local Targets today. The end caps were gone in all 3 (they all had endcaps earlier in the week and one of them even had all wave 2 14” figures except Superman on Tuesday). Two of the stores today had nothing (including the store that had the wave 2 14” figures on Tuesday). I asked a person stocking shelves in the toy dept about them and they had no clue what I was talking about. The third store had them near the wrestling figures in the aisle. It was mostly wave 1 figures with Richie Cunningham, Paul Stanley and Samantha Stevens from wave 2. I’m guessed next week will be completely different.
          Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009

I think they are in mid-transition from end cap to aisle.
            The Short Pump Target has pegs but no figures on them.
            The Westchester Commons one is even more odd... they have row of empty pegs, boxed Wizard of Oz underneath them, Batman underneath that. No other figures, 2-packs, 14-inchers... just those 2.
            If I remember correctly, they are going on the aisle with the wrestler figures and the new Aquaman movie toys.

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

We were in two Targets tonight. Where they were in abundance of Wave one and a few Wave two items a few days ago, everything was completely gone. I suspect the Wave two figures will be moving into the isles in a couple of weeks and overstock from wave one will be sold wholesale to other companies that specialize in aftermarket items. I don't see them leaving a bunch of wave one overstock on the floor to cover up or otherwise discourage purchases of wave two. That's just the nature of mass production. No one sells out of everything.
              Last edited by MIB41; Oct 5, '18, 10:06 PM.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

Holiday season is coming so it's a good bet they moved them to get ready.

Comment

• wise guy
                  Career Member
                  • Dec 29, 2014

How do the Target employees stock wave 2 , and seperate wave 1, when the both waves have the same master case number ?
                  Last edited by wise guy; Oct 5, '18, 11:32 PM.

Comment

• mego maniac mark
                    Career Member
                    • Aug 3, 2010

End caps were gone and they have been moved to the boys action figure aisle in the 2 stores I visited this week.
                    I was able to get the new 14” yesterday.
                    They had Gl,Ivy, and Zod.
                    I took a shine to Ivy.

I asked a clerk if they had more and after scanning both ,he said yes.
                    He came back with a case of 14” that are packed 4. 2 Superman and 2 Batgirl.

He also said he had some of the 8” in the back. He returned with 2 cases, which are very small, 8 figures per box.
                    He cracked them open in front of me , but they were all wave 1.
                    I was hoping for a Paul Stanley and Frankenstein
                    mego's befo ho's

Comment

• TRDouble
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 10, 2012

My local/closet Target just moved them into the AF aisle, next to the Marvel figures. The 14" figures were initially put out on the endcap before the move. Now, in the aisle, they are on the bottom shelf, somewhat aligned under the 8" figures, which is a mix of Wave 1 & 2.

I've only seen one Target where they have all just disappeared.

Comment

• shazam7208
                        Career Member
                        • Oct 28, 2008

The Targets around me all still have them on the end caps, but most don't have a lot of stock. I've seen all the 14" and the 2 packs, but I have yet to see ANY single 8" figures...that's out of 6 stores multiple visits. I hope I'll be seeing them soon.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                          Permanent Member
                          • May 15, 2009

I first reported this a few days ago. Different Targets seem to be doing different things. Some are moving them to the aisle while others are removing Mego entirely. Hopefully the ones that are removing them will return them eventually in some fashion.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎