Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Thread: NYCC Comic Con 18 Stuff

Images

NYCC Comic Con 18 Stuff

DC Diamond Select

http://news.toyark.com/2018/10/04/ny...display-319027

Habro Marvel Legends - Possibly the best Kingpin figure, ever

http://news.toyark.com/2018/10/04/ny...legends-318802

Super7 He-Man and She-Ra Filmation

http://news.toyark.com/2018/10/04/ny...nd-more-318734

SH Monster Arts - Godzilla & Gamera

http://news.toyark.com/2018/10/04/ny...-disney-318653

Mezco 1:12 - Marvel, DC and Kong

http://news.toyark.com/2018/10/04/ny...ng-kong-318490

No Mego presence. You can thank NYCC bosses for that.

Images
    Yeah...NYCC is not something I ever want to attend again. $50 just to get in the door. For basically SDCC lite. Way too much flash and not enough substance. My last one was 2 years ago. I enjoyed the hell out of Artist Alley...but the main floor was just a no go as far actually buying anything that I can't get cheaper anywhere else. I understand having to pay for the booths...but give me something that might be worth looking at and possibly buying...and they just don't have it at NYCC. East Coast Comic Con and Baltimore are the ways to go in my opinion.
    "When not too many people can see we're all the same
    And because of all their tears,
    Their eyes can't hope to see
    The beauty that surrounds them
    Isn't it a pity".

- "Isn't It A Pity"
    By George Harrison

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list:
    Good Traders List - Page 80 - Mego Talk

isn't that the shadow king not kingpin? I know he was in the new x-men comic recently
    Check out my Electronic Mag here Psycho Styrene Modeling Magazine

Shadow King head comes with professor x in hoverchair. Can pop it on the kingpin b.a.f.

Images
    I went to NYCC Comic Con about 5 years ago. While it was ok, I wasn’t impressed. It was so jam packed with people that you were headed through each aisle like cattle. It was difficult to stop at any particular table on the main floor. If you dared to stop, you were so crowded and felt so rushed that you couldn’t even think, much less buy anything. It was an expensive day for a stampede.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Wizard World does a good show in Philly, and a lot of guys come down from the NYC area because of the reasons cited above. It's much more manageable and still sizable enough to get some good artists and speakers. Of course there are still times when you wonder if they've ever done this before with some organizational issues, but I suppose that happens when you've got mostly volunteers working the show.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Meanie View Post
    Yeah...NYCC is not something I ever want to attend again. $50 just to get in the door. For basically SDCC lite. Way too much flash and not enough substance. My last one was 2 years ago. I enjoyed the hell out of Artist Alley...but the main floor was just a no go as far actually buying anything that I can't get cheaper anywhere else. I understand having to pay for the booths...but give me something that might be worth looking at and possibly buying...and they just don't have it at NYCC. East Coast Comic Con and Baltimore are the ways to go in my opinion.
    That's how i feel at the FanExpo in Toronto, it's expensive to exhibit so you see $200 Captain Kirk dolls.

My kids however, are in heaven.

The Mezco 1:12 Dr. Strange NYCC exclusive for this year looks great, because it uses the design of his first appearance costume. I have one on order, but didn't bite on the Ronin Wolverine/Logan. It really does look great in the photos, hopefully I can still find one at an affordable price.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EmergencyIan View Post
    I went to NYCC Comic Con about 5 years ago. While it was ok, I wasn’t impressed. It was so jam packed with people that you were headed through each aisle like cattle. It was difficult to stop at any particular table on the main floor. If you dared to stop, you were so crowded and felt so rushed that you couldn’t even think, much less buy anything. It was an expensive day for a stampede.

- Ian
    same here, went 6 years ago and would never go back. they cram far too many people in there. if there was ever an emergency like a fire or terrorist attack, people would be trampled to death

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgiabuff View Post
    same here, went 6 years ago and would never go back. they cram far too many people in there. if there was ever an emergency like a fire or terrorist attack, people would be trampled to death
    Yeah, you’re right. Awfully expensive price of admission for those poor conditions. My brother-in-law wanted to go, so we stayed for a few hours, but I was sure happy to get out of there.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?