X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • comicmike
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 22, 2009

^^
    "...I'm flabbergasted at how Tom Hardy seems to have singlehandedly made it so much fun."

Interesting take on the movie: Quite a post-modern analysis, IMO.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

I thought it was pretty good. I'm not really a Venom fan, but the movie didn't have the reason I don't like him.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

I can't get a read on this movie, I've read it's a disaster, I've read it's great and then I've also read it's a fun movie but a trainwreck.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Madcap70
          • Dec 4, 2017

This movie did not know what it was it felt like this movie should have been made at or before the Rami movies except that is felt rushed and boring and Venom at night you can't really see him...And this should have been a R rated movie...God I hope Marvel get's Spider-Man back they will do it justice...sell it Sony you don't want to be a movie studio so sell Spidey to Disney....NOW!

Comment

• Goblin19
            Talkative Member
            • May 2, 2002

It was better than i expected. That’s not high praise, but it was fun for much of it. My main problems were some plot contrivances, too much CG and a somewhat generic feel to it. I would describe it as almost good, but a just miss.

Comment

• cjefferys
              Duke of Gloat
              • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by Hedji
              With all apologies to his fans, I can't help but associate Venom with the low point in 90s comics. Exaggerated anatomy, sketchy lifework, variant covers. It was the end of comics for me.
              Yep, me too. I remember reading a few comics with Venom but it was right around this point that I gave up on modern superhero comics due to all the crap that was happening in the early-mid 90's.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                HULK SMASH!
                • Apr 3, 2010

It was entertaining enough, but nothing spectacular.
                I liked Hardy's fraught, manic portrayal of Eddie after he merges with Venom.
                The symbiote FX were the highlight.
                PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• powersthatbe
                  Persistent Member
                  • Sep 27, 2010

I think people who aren't familiar with venom who saw the movie was pleased with tom hardy's performance, there was a part of it that was dumb I thought but overall I liked it better then I thought.the after credit scene was good and wow! that spider verse looks pretty darn good.i did think with the trailers they were going for a horror vibe.

Comment

• comicmike
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 22, 2009

I loved the movie...as a standalone, for pure entertainment. I am always figetting through a movie,but that one held my attention for the whole 2h 20min

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

I heard it was along the lines of old Sam Raimi Horror movies. It has a PG-13 rating aimed for families.
                      I said the same thing to my son when we saw it yesterday. It has that gonzo Raimi vibe with humor mixed in with horror. The horror isn't dwelled upon, due to the rating, but it is there. I couldn't help but feel a kinship to An American Werewolf in London with Eddie talking to the symbiote much as David did to Jack in that film, and then of course the monstrous metamorphosis, biting off heads, etc. Of course its mixed in with sci-fi action and a few Marvel nods along the way.

I took the boy on his birthday yesterday, and we both really enjoyed it. I was quite shocked by that!

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎