X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Super7 She-Ra reboot figures.

Only Catra and She-Ra. I do not like the designs. At least the card back finally reveals Swiftwind is in the show.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

The pre-order on this just went live on the Super7 site. $50 for the set of two seems a smidge pricey for the scale and articulation level.

Super7 brings you exclusive ReAction figures, vinyl toys, apparel, and accessories celebrating your favorite iconic tv show characters from the 80's and 90's.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

She-Ra kinda looks like Star Butterfly from Star Vs. The Forces of Evil.

Comment

• hedrap
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 10, 2009

This is an epic disaster. Who are the trying to appeal to, cuz it's not my kids.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by hedrap
          Who are the trying to appeal to, cuz it's not my kids.
          My guess the new show is going after 20 somethings that were not She-Ra fans. Because this reboot is clearly not aimed at the fanbase.

I've heard Mattel plans on doing a retail line but nothing has been shown.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

I watched a bit the Comic Con Q&A on the She-Ra reboot and the show runner admits to have never watched the original cartoon and the new voice actress for She-Ra had no idea who the character was. This does not surprise me.

Comment

• Mary Canary
              Career Member
              • Jun 21, 2017

This is ick to me.

I'll stick with classic She-Ra and Catra and their brushable hair.

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

I saw a poster with more character designs. Good lord, it's even worse than I had expected. The characters are not recognizable. I mean holy smokes that's bad.

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

I just saw the trailer on twitter. It's not She-Ra. The show really is Korra mixed with Steven Universe and everyone knows that Adora is She-Ra. Everyone.

Comment

• hedrap
                    Permanent Member
                    • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by Werewolf
                    I just saw the trailer on twitter. It's not She-Ra. The show really is Korra mixed with Steven Universe and everyone knows that Adora is She-Ra. Everyone.
                    Doesn't this feel like a hard detour as to avoid Mattel/MOTU royalties?

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by hedrap
                      Doesn't this feel like a hard detour as to avoid Mattel/MOTU royalties?
                      No I think it's just another case of the people behind the reboot having little affection or respect for the source material and wanting to remake it in their image. There's some things they can't use because Motu and Pop are differently licences. Like He-man, Skeletor and the Sorceress. But other than that there's really no reason why they couldn't make a more recognizable show.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎