Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Solo

Images
    Glad you liked it, Hector. I thought it was a fun little movie, too.

My opinion is going to forever be that the poor box office could have been for any number of things, but it wasn't because it was a bad movie.
    Last edited by Makernaut; Oct 4, '18 at 3:31 PM.

That fun little movie had a $275 million budget, ouch.

I think if they ever do the sequel, make it much lower budget, it would work...

Quote Originally Posted by Earth 2 Chris View Post
    Yeah, I'd watch Solo over Rogue One any day. Rogue One was fine, but its not a repeat viewer for me. Too bleak, and CGI Cushing turns me off as a big Hammer fan.

I hope Solo does insane money on home and digital release. I want my Obi-Wan film...and more Solo!

Chris

Yes, yes, yes!!! I'm shocked at how highly the internet people rate Rogue One. It is enjoyable, but really lacks the spirit of adventure, wit, and swashbuckle.
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    I liked it more than I thought possible, it felt like the Roy Thomas Star Wars comics and well, I liked those. Some cringe and fan service but whatever, it was way better than Rogue one to me.
    Again, yes. And there may be significant reasons it felt like an old Roy Thomas Star Wars Comic.

Screenwriter John Kasdan tweeted:

When I was growing up , there was a stack of Star Wars Marvel comics in my grandparents house in Michigan that, I assume, belonged to my brother. It remained there, in exactly the same spot, for twenty-five years. I really wanted the shoot-out on the landing pad at Kessel to evoke the feeling of those wonderful Marvel comic covers from the 80s, Han and Lando, their blasters blazing. I think Ron Howard achieved that and then some. Seeing those three guys beneath the Falcon is the absolute realization of that particular childhood fantasies. Thank you Ron Howard and George Lucas.
    Based on this, I'd say they absolutely succeeded in capturing that old Marvel feel.

I also thought Han's white vest and gloves in the beginning reminded me a lot of the Russ Manning newspaper strips. Don't know if it was intentional, but I also got a lot of the newspaper strip feel with this film.
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

Images
    It's on my Netflix queue...I plan to watch it, but I don't have my hopes up. Still don't like Ehrenreich .

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Earth 2 Chris View Post
    Yeah, I'd watch Solo over Rogue One any day. Rogue One was fine, but its not a repeat viewer for me. Too bleak, and CGI Cushing turns me off as a big Hammer fan.

I hope Solo does insane money on home and digital release. I want my Obi-Wan film...and more Solo!

Chris
    CGI Cushing doesn't bother me, but otherwise I am right there with you. I'd rather see the Obi-Wan standalone or a Solo sequel than find out the conclusion of the new trilogy of I had to choose.

Images
    I'm a big fan of Rogue One. I really like the movie's tone, the characters and the story.
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_T7BhcH-_Lqw/Rph52zHLjQI/AAAAAAAAAWY/IRQJUp3saOs/s200/Hulk.jpg

Looking for one CAH Mego Comic Activator (working or non working).

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
    I'm a big fan of Rogue One. I really like the movie's tone, the characters and the story.
    To me, it had the feel of a WW2 movie about a small unit's operations against a superior force. That was my reason for liking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Makernaut View Post
    To me, it had the feel of a WW2 movie about a small unit's operations against a superior force. That was my reason for liking it.
    The last five minutes were my reason for liking it.

I wanna see two hours of Darth Vader kicking some ***.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by enyawd72 View Post
    The last five minutes were my reason for liking it.

I wanna see two hours of Darth Vader kicking some ***.
    Well, that, too. Hahahahaha

I also liked realizing it was all about the "crawl" from Ep 4.