Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toys R Us lenders cancel auction plan to revive brand.

Images
    I really hope TRU does come back as a retail store chain in the US. Even if only as smaller KB sized stores. I've really missed TRU. They were always my go to store for Transformers and Monster High because the Target and Walmart stores in my area were always stocked so poorly.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
    First part of the revival. Geoffrey's Toy Box.

"He says that Geoffrey's Toy Box will launch this November as a "shop-within-a-shop" concept, debuting with "a prominent Midwest retailer."

http://www.therockfather.com/news-an...-new-toys-r-us
    Sounds like it would be a branding of a section within another store's toy department or within a store that doesn't normally stocl toys, and it looks like it only involves the Toys R Us lines they developed themselves rather than toys form other manufacturers. Sounds to me like there will be something like a Geoffrey's Toy Box within a regional store like Meijer'stoy department rather than standalone stores with the TRU name. Which jives with how I read the initial article you posted. They were looking to exploit the brand cache of TRU and Geoffrey not revive the stores and they thought they could earn more revenue using the brands than auctioning them off. So as I read it, it's not a step towards TRU coming back as a retailer, but transforming the TRU brand into something that other retailers pay TRU to capitalize on where TRU may serve as a vendor rep and stock portions of other stores toy departments and use their branding to generate revenue for both the TRU brand and their retail partners.

-M

Images
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Images
    Sounds promising, I think. It’s tough to tell if this will materialize into actual stand alone stores. It seem the new owners aren’t the sure either. Fingers crossed for next holiday season or something in 2020.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Images
    I'm guessing we will see online shopping return and maybe some pop up stores as early as fall 2019. But it will take years to get back to where they were with permanent retail stores.
    Last edited by Werewolf; Oct 7, '18 at 9:45 AM. Reason: typos