X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

New Mego figure improvements...

For those of us who like to tweak their figures, I have an idea or two on how to improve the look of some of your new Megos.

Frankenstein didn't come with platform boots, but Starchild does. So a quick switch out of the boots is what Frankie needs. Acetone or fingernail polish remover would remove the silver details easily. Voila!

Jimi could use a wider headband, so that's easy enough to fix with no explanation needed. But, what I used was self adhesive velour that I got at the art store. I made a paper template to make sure it would fit right before cutting it out of the velour.

The charmed book of shadows looks way better with the edges of the pages painted white. Or maybe a thin strip of self adhesive white paper would probably look nice. Or maybe gluing a thin strip of paper. I guess it doesn't need it's own adhesive.

What do you think are quick, easy improvements? Share your ideas.
  • danadoll
    Micronaut Nut!
    • Apr 11, 2005

Agreed on the platform boots for Frankie, I plan on buying some for mine. Most Franks are too short and need that bit of lift.
    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
      Moderation Engineer
      • Aug 14, 2003

Great thread. Most of what I have done is complicated, but I have a couple of things I am going to try that might fit here.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
        One eyed, wonder
        • Dec 17, 2009

Male figure with shoes are greatly improved with socks and gives more ankle support.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
          Male figure with shoes are greatly improved with socks and gives more ankle support.
          Okay, I tried your stupid suggestion and found no extra support, but it stretched out my socks and made my feet sore. And now the figures smell like feet...
          I don't think you're really a doctor, either.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
            Permanent Member
            • Jun 29, 2018

I'm reasonably sure that Dr c meant to put mego sized socks on the feet of the mego figures.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
              One eyed, wonder
              • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
              I'm reasonably sure that Dr c meant to put mego sized socks on the feet of the mego figures.
              Trust me, he knows. We are close friends and he has to give me the business every chance he can.

Comment

• BATMAN89
                Mego obsessed!!!
                • Jul 20, 2010

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                Okay, I tried your stupid suggestion and found no extra support, but it stretched out my socks and made my feet sore. And now the figures smell like feet...
                I don't think you're really a doctor, either.
                Originally posted by dr_cyclops
                Trust me, he knows. We are close friends and he has to give me the business every chance he can.
                This forum really needs a "Like" button for stuff like this^^^
                Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                My Early Custom Megos

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍