Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Thread: New Mego figure improvements...

New Mego figure improvements...

For those of us who like to tweak their figures, I have an idea or two on how to improve the look of some of your new Megos.

Frankenstein didn't come with platform boots, but Starchild does. So a quick switch out of the boots is what Frankie needs. Acetone or fingernail polish remover would remove the silver details easily. Voila!

Jimi could use a wider headband, so that's easy enough to fix with no explanation needed. But, what I used was self adhesive velour that I got at the art store. I made a paper template to make sure it would fit right before cutting it out of the velour.

The charmed book of shadows looks way better with the edges of the pages painted white. Or maybe a thin strip of self adhesive white paper would probably look nice. Or maybe gluing a thin strip of paper. I guess it doesn't need it's own adhesive.

What do you think are quick, easy improvements? Share your ideas.

Images
    Agreed on the platform boots for Frankie, I plan on buying some for mine. Most Franks are too short and need that bit of lift.
    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Images
    Blog Entries
    Great thread. Most of what I have done is complicated, but I have a couple of things I am going to try that might fit here.

Male figure with shoes are greatly improved with socks and gives more ankle support.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_cyclops View Post
    Male figure with shoes are greatly improved with socks and gives more ankle support.
    Okay, I tried your stupid suggestion and found no extra support, but it stretched out my socks and made my feet sore. And now the figures smell like feet...
    I don't think you're really a doctor, either.

I'm reasonably sure that Dr c meant to put mego sized socks on the feet of the mego figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Megotastrophe View Post
    I'm reasonably sure that Dr c meant to put mego sized socks on the feet of the mego figures.
    Trust me, he knows. We are close friends and he has to give me the business every chance he can.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LonnieFisher View Post
    Okay, I tried your stupid suggestion and found no extra support, but it stretched out my socks and made my feet sore. And now the figures smell like feet...
    I don't think you're really a doctor, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_cyclops View Post
    Trust me, he knows. We are close friends and he has to give me the business every chance he can.
    This forum really needs a "Like" button for stuff like this^^^