X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Riderfan
    Megos are cool
    • Feb 14, 2012

Originally posted by cockyhoskins
    Yeah, maybe a little too melodramatic on my part! LOL. They are just toys after all!

I am still glad they're back. I just dread walking in to another Target store! LOL And I do understand the deal with Target made this possible, but I will be very happy when it's over.
    I hear you-you're just a little frustrated that's all. Sounds like you're not alone.

I guess what bugs me isn't that I'm paying reseller prices, rather that I'm paying a reseller. And as someone pointed out 91 Franks have been sold on Epay, that's .0091 of the total production. Where are all the rest of the Franks, or Draculas, or Gorns for that matter. They can't all be in the hands of resellers, can they?

Keith
    I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Comment

• SWCWorld
      Museum Patron
      • Aug 10, 2011

I found some interesting data while shopping at the local Target on Wednesday night; a young and very helpful employee and I discovered that the shelf tags for the 14" figures either say "Batman" or "Superman," and as I went in the store specifically to find Wave 2 Superman (none here by the way in 9 stores I've visited..bummer), the employee found when scanning the 14" figures that several come up either "Batman" or "Superman" even though he was scanning Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, etc. This explains the discrepancy of what a store actually has vs. what the computer shows the store to stock. For instance, the employee's hand-held device showed a stock of 7 14" Superman figures in the store; four on the floor and three in the back; however, when he checked the floor with me and checked the back, he found the discrepancy listed above....

Evidently other figures fall into this snafu as well... So unless you call a store and actually ask an employee to physically look on the shelf or check in the back to see if "x" is in stock, their hand-held PDA could very well have incorrect data.

Comment

• hedrap
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 10, 2009

^Thank you

I was just about to ask if it was worth calling the stores or not. I have an outer ring of three 20+ minutes from me and each other, but I don't have the time to hit them.

Comment

• darkbros
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 3, 2012

To further add to that...Six or the 10 stores in my area are under the new Winter Remodel.
          I went to look for Mego's in the closest store near me ( within 5 miles) and there were no Mego to be found int he Action Figure Aisle.
          I then went to electronics, to the collectilbe section, nothing their either.
          I found an employee stocking toys, and asked her to check where they might be. She pulled up her PDA, and they said they had none in store.
          I pulled up the Target app on my iPhone, and the same thing occured, searching the store I was standing in, by searching for "mego" or "mego gorn".

I showed her this week's ad, ( page 6 in the digital ad) and she said "Oh, I remember moving these, they weren't on the new layout plans",
          and she took me to where they are located now, at the end of the Party Games row, top of the new shelving!

mego.jpg

Needless to say, it looks like the hunt for Megos at Target has gotten more complicated!! lol
          Still no Gorn though.......
          and all the 14" Shelf tags say "Mego Superman 14" 19.99"
          Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
          https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------
          "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• smonte00
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 19, 2005

Looks like they restocked on Target.com. The harder to find Wave 2 figures are showing up. I just saw gorn, Frankenstein, Paul Stanley and 14” Superman. Good luck!

Comment

• KLAATU
              Museum Patron
              • Feb 3, 2009

Originally posted by smonte00
              Looks like they restocked on Target.com. The harder to find Wave 2 figures are showing up. I just saw gorn, Frankenstein, Paul Stanley and 14” Superman. Good luck!
              ...and Frankie is gone again. He doesn't stay in stock for long...

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                Permanent Member
                • Jun 29, 2018

Frank is gone. Saw Paul and Clark.

Comment

• Makernaut
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 22, 2015

Supes is gone now, too.

I've had mixed luck on the first two waves. The same Target in which I snagged a Gorn now ONLY has the Wave 1 peg warmers.

Comment

• comicmike
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by darkbros
                    To further add to that...Six or the 10 stores in my area are under the new Winter Remodel.
                    I went to look for Mego's in the closest store near me ( within 5 miles) and there were no Mego to be found int he Action Figure Aisle.
                    I then went to electronics, to the collectilbe section, nothing their either.
                    I found an employee stocking toys, and asked her to check where they might be. She pulled up her PDA, and they said they had none in store.
                    I pulled up the Target app on my iPhone, and the same thing occured, searching the store I was standing in, by searching for "mego" or "mego gorn".

I showed her this week's ad, ( page 6 in the digital ad) and she said "Oh, I remember moving these, they weren't on the new layout plans",
                    and she took me to where they are located now, at the end of the Party Games row, top of the new shelving!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24119[/ATTACH]

Needless to say, it looks like the hunt for Megos at Target has gotten more complicated!! lol
                    Still no Gorn though.......
                    and all the 14" Shelf tags say "Mego Superman 14" 19.99"
                    That's crazy-busy. Wow.

Comment

• Moxen
                      Museum Patron
                      • Nov 6, 2016

...I can't even get the Target site to load for me...

Comment

• KOMonger
                        Banned
                        • Feb 17, 2015

Originally posted by smonte00
                        Three of these are on my email notification list and I received zero emails.

Comment

• Makernaut
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 22, 2015

Scored a Frankie in NW OKC this morning. First time I had seen Frankie available.

I also snagged my second Gorn. This one I'll leave on the card. I found a Gorn in the same store right as Wave 2 was released and hadn't seen one again until this morning. Saw many more Wave 2 figures than I did last trip to this store. Still no Wave 2 14" figures or Spock at either store I hit.

Wave 1 peg warmers were still abundant across two stores along with Harley and Zod. I went ahead and picked up Sulu and Chekov for $12.99 and Mirror Spock and Kirk two pack at $24.99. I had been dragging my heels on those figures and decided it was time to get them. There were still plenty of them at both stores I hit.

Comment

• toothaction
                            Career Member
                            • Jul 15, 2017

They have been dropping small batched of Gorns and Franks all night. Watch, it will all dry up now that I've said something...
                            >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Jan 19, 2008

Gorn was up again for about five seconds...

Comment

• smonte00
                                Veteran Member
                                • Aug 19, 2005

He was up longer this time though. I received an email that it was back in stock around 8:30am and he lasted almost an hour.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎