X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Makernaut
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by rykerw1701
    I found what they had left of Wave 2 in South Jersey this weekend. Picked up a Frankenstein and Bewitched. They were $12.99, which was great.
    I forgot to mention that the Gorn I bought on Saturday in Northwest OKC was $12.99.

Comment

• smonte00
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 19, 2005

I got a notification today from Target.com telling me that Frankenstein was in stock. I checked a couple of minutes later and it was out of stock again. Haven’t seen any wave 2 in South Florida yet.

Comment

• toothaction
        Career Member
        • Jul 15, 2017

Looks like Bela disappeared again.
        >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• smonte00
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 19, 2005

I went to a couple of stores in South Florida today (Pembroke Pines and Miramar). One had the pegs moved to the aisle with the superheroes and were empty. The end cap was moved to the back like a clearance section. Only wave 1 figures.

The second store had removed the end cap and had all wave 1 figures packed on the pegs. They had 14” poison ivy and green lantern on the bottom shelf, but no wave two 8” figures. I asked someone and he said that’s all they had. My guess is they have boxes of the new stuff in the back, but because they didn’t fit on the pegs, they didn’t put them out.

The bad part is that since the DCPI numbers are the same for both waves, I can’t calm him a liar. Oh well, they’ll turn up eventually.

Comment

• Timothy2251
            Jerks beef with Ten Bears
            • Mar 15, 2008

Just ordered a Frankenstein on Target.com. The site's a bit wonky, but there were two more Frankies available. Snag 'em!
            "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• smonte00
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 19, 2005

I dropped into a Target In Miami. The end cap was gone and the figures were moved to the aisle. The aisle pegs were filled with wave one figs and a couple of wave two (Kiss, Charlie’s Angels). They also had 14” green lanterns. It looks like the scalpers pilfered there. I asked a guy to look, but he said they had none in the back. Anyway, if there are any museum members that live in south Florida and are able to find Gorn, Spock and Frankenstein, please post.

Thanks,
              Steve

Comment

• smonte00
                Veteran Member
                • Aug 19, 2005

Ok, so I passed by another Target by work and they still have a bunch of wave 1 figures on the end cap and then one peg in the superhero aisle (with the wrong label) with Richie Cunningham and Kiss. Haven’t these things been out for like 2-3 weeks? I’m not ****ed, cause “whoo-hoo we have Megos” but it’s annoying because it looks like they probably have the wave 2 stuff, but not really putting it out because the wave 1 stuff is still there. Is anybody going through this or are the wave 2 figures just out everywhere? BTW I would order the Frankenstein and gorn online, but they’re always sold out.

Comment

• Psykodelik Vampyre
                  Museum Patron
                  • Jan 22, 2018

Got Gorn, still hunting down Frankenstein...lay off, you damn fleabay scalpers!!!!!!!
                  https://www.reverbnation.com/psykodelikvampyres

Comment

• BrentIsAngry
                    • Oct 11, 2018

Looks like Spock is sold out online now too. Of course, I'd planned on placing a big order right before the sale was over, so when I log into my cart today, he's gone. Same happened with Franky and Gorn, had them both in my cart, but waited just a leeeeetle too long to pull the trigger. I am hopeful that they'll all come back eventually (like Drac did, that's how I finally snagged him) but I'm afraid it'll be after the sale is over.

Locally, I went to two Targets last night. One still has the Mego's on an endcap, the other has integrated them into the action figure aisle between the wrestlers and Jurassic Park toys. Neither had any wave 2 figures except for a smattering of the 14" figures, but I already got all of those online.

I'm determined to not feed the scalpers, and only pay retail for this line, but I guess that means I'm going to have to be diligent about patrolling the target site, because the stores aren't much help around here.

Comment

• scott metzger
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 9, 2007

Daytona report: Target on International Speedway still has the endcap. Nothing new other than the 14" figures (the latter are over with the DC figures in the regular aisle. Port Orange: last time I was there the endcap was gone and no sign of the figures, even though there were two rows of pegs and shelf space below in the action figure aisle. They had the Oz set and the 14" GL and Ivy before everything vanished.

Comment

• smonte00
                        Veteran Member
                        • Aug 19, 2005

I went to a Target in Miramar today. Same story. The end cap has been removed and moved to the aisle. All of the pegs are full of wave 1 figs. A couple of wave 2 14” figs and that’s it. I asked a guy that worked there and he went to the back. He took pix of the figs I wanted. He told me all they had was more of what was on the pegs (wave 1). If October 1st is the release date for wave 2, shouldn’t there be some wave 2 product out two weeks later?

Comment

• TrekStar
                          Trek or Treat
                          • Jan 20, 2011

Did my usual Friday check at my local target, and their carrying all the wave 2 figures and the WOZ 2 pack, Full House, plus the 14" figures, although I did not see Happy Days Richie. It's kind of funny seeing these and not understanding why they didn't carry any wave 1 figures?

Comment

• ODBJBG
                            Permanent Member
                            • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by smonte00
                            I went to a Target in Miramar today. Same story. The end cap has been removed and moved to the aisle. All of the pegs are full of wave 1 figs. A couple of wave 2 14” figs and that’s it. I asked a guy that worked there and he went to the back. He took pix of the figs I wanted. He told me all they had was more of what was on the pegs (wave 1). If October 1st is the release date for wave 2, shouldn’t there be some wave 2 product out two weeks later?
                            Not when there's a mountain of Wave 1 product in the back and on the shelves.

Comment

• toothaction
                              Career Member
                              • Jul 15, 2017

Current MIAs: Frank, Starchild and Spock - just in time for the Sunday flyer - as well as Bela and the Gorn.
                              >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• MIB41
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Sep 25, 2005

The Mego Frankenstein has been a scalpers dream. Since this month began 13 days ago, Ebay has sold 91 Frankenstein figures. NINETY-ONE!!! I guess that group got wise after the Dracula response, so they're staying vigilante and taking them out of Target stores and milking the online site as well. I was fortunate. I came across one buried behind a bunch of wave one figures, so I got mine for $12.99. Target might want to consider a limit per customer purchase on these. Allot of people getting screwed by the scalpers.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎