Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

^I find that sad and distressing; I loathe scalpers. I hope Target does do limitations, I recall them doing that in the past with exclusives.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• toothaction
      Career Member
      • Jul 15, 2017

Looks like Supes has flown away, too. Great sale going on now, though!
      8" $11.24, 2-packs $22.49, 14" $14.99.
      Originally posted by toothaction
      Current MIAs: Frank, Starchild and Spock - just in time for the Sunday flyer - as well as Bela and the Gorn.
      ^ Still true.
      >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• zaphod
        • Dec 19, 2011

Originally posted by MIB41
        The Mego Frankenstein has been a scalpers dream. Since this month began 13 days ago, Ebay has sold 91 Frankenstein figures. NINETY-ONE!!! I guess that group got wise after the Dracula response, so they're staying vigilante and taking them out of Target stores and milking the online site as well. I was fortunate. I came across one buried behind a bunch of wave one figures, so I got mine for $12.99. Target might want to consider a limit per customer purchase on these. Allot of people getting screwed by the scalpers.
        You know Target doesn't care one way or the other what goes on with their merchandise once it's sold. If their loyal customers are getting screwed by the Ebay scalpers, it doesn't factor into their sales strategy.

I went to my local Target this morning and they did not still have Wave 2, despite the sales circular showing them. And no one in the store can help because none of them have the slightest idea of what's going on.

Comment

• generic
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 25, 2009

Originally posted by toothaction
          Looks like Supes has flown away, too. Great sale going on now, though!
          8" $11.24, 2-packs $22.49, 14" $14.99.
          ^ Still true.
          This really is a great sale! I jumped on there to pick up Frankenstein, Green Lantern and Superman and was disappointed to see that that Franky and Superman were gone. But for anyone having trouble finding the ones that are available, the prices are great!
          Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• Riderfan
            Megos are cool
            • Feb 14, 2012

Originally posted by MIB41
            The Mego Frankenstein has been a scalpers dream. Since this month began 13 days ago, Ebay has sold 91 Frankenstein figures. NINETY-ONE!!! I guess that group got wise after the Dracula response, so they're staying vigilante and taking them out of Target stores and milking the online site as well. I was fortunate. I came across one buried behind a bunch of wave one figures, so I got mine for $12.99. Target might want to consider a limit per customer purchase on these. Allot of people getting screwed by the scalpers.
            Yup and I bought one of those Frankenstein figures, along with Gorn from the same seller.

As soon as Wave 2 was available on Target online I had these two plus Green Lantern & Batgirl in my cart (didn't buy any 14" from the 1st wave but I liked these two) but oh no, not available to ship to Canada. By the time this glitch was figured out Frank & Gorn were no longer available, and I lost interest in the 14" stuff.

So despite paying scalper prices I ordered the two figures I really wanted for less money than if my Target cart had worked. And going forward I won't be buying any 14" stuff (which I don't really need anyways) so that frees up money for the 4 figures I really want from wave 3, which I may have to pay scalpers prices for.

Then there's the people that live outside of USA & Canada that are stuck with Ebay.

And I've noticed on this forum a lot less enthusiasm with less people willing to drive to every Target store within a 60 mile radius hoping to find something, along with more complaints with limited availability online.

But at any rate these are just my random thoughts, take it for what its worth. However today my scalper priced Frank & Gorn arrived and wow they are awesome! So glad I pulled the trigger & bought them.
            I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Comment

• smonte00
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 19, 2005

I hear ya. If it was like it was with wave 1, where you could look up what store had them in stock, then it’s worth it to make the drive because there’s a really good chance to get what you want. It’s the not knowing that is the worst part. A lot of wasted time that I do t have. Not paying EBay prices though.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                Wake Up Heavy
                • Jan 31, 2010

When did the site show wave one in stock in stores? Never saw that when I looked.
                Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• smonte00
                  Veteran Member
                  • Aug 19, 2005

Sorry, we were able to check the status on brickseek and it was pretty accurate.

Comment

• hedrap
                    Permanent Member
                    • Feb 10, 2009

At the start, brickseek was accurate as to who was going to carry it. Now, you can do as I did, and stand in the store looking at the pegs, while brickseek says oos.

Comment

• cockyhoskins
                      Career Member
                      • Jan 13, 2009

I dropped my wife off at an oil change place across the street from a Target at 10:00 this morning to pick up her car. She said, "Aren't you going to Target for your toys?". I said, "Nope, I'm done!". Drove over to my local Dave n Busters, but it didn't open until 11:00. It was 10:30, so I decided I would pop in to that Target across the street to check one more time... same peg warmers.

I'm officially done. I will not walk in to another Target looking for these figures. If Starchild, Frankie, or Spock show up online, I'll consider buying them. It's not my scene! LOL And I grow tired of seeing the same figures untouched on the pegs.

I went from "holy cow, Mego is back!" to "why did Mego come back!".

Comment

• Riderfan
                        Megos are cool
                        • Feb 14, 2012

Originally posted by smonte00
                        I hear ya. If it was like it was with wave 1, where you could look up what store had them in stock, then it’s worth it to make the drive because there’s a really good chance to get what you want. It’s the not knowing that is the worst part. A lot of wasted time that I do t have. Not paying EBay prices though.
                        I'd rather not pay scalper prices but living in Canada I got used to that years ago, perhaps even before there was an Ebay.

Originally posted by cockyhoskins
                        I dropped my wife off at an oil change place across the street from a Target at 10:00 this morning to pick up her car. She said, "Aren't you going to Target for your toys?". I said, "Nope, I'm done!". Drove over to my local Dave n Busters, but it didn't open until 11:00. It was 10:30, so I decided I would pop in to that Target across the street to check one more time... same peg warmers.

I'm officially done. I will not walk in to another Target looking for these figures. If Starchild, Frankie, or Spock show up online, I'll consider buying them. It's not my scene! LOL And I grow tired of seeing the same figures untouched on the pegs.

I went from "holy cow, Mego is back!" to "why did Mego come back!".
                        Wow back in August you were one of the people advocating helping out international Mego fans. You & I exchanged PMs. Yeah your views on new Mego have really changed. Not being critical at all, I get it.

And look at the current threads here on the Mego corp forum. I think the last positive comment was by me last night on how cool Frank & Gorn are. One thread has turned into what part of New York state you're from. The positive part of the FB thread is that no one here is melting their Sulu over a candle (like *** is that about???)

I'm kinda worried about new Mego but maybe after the Target exclusivity ends things will improve? I dunno..

But then again I'm a glass half empty kinda guy. However I really like the 8 figures I've bought so far.

Keith
                        I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Comment

• smonte00
                          Veteran Member
                          • Aug 19, 2005

Ok, so I’ve been keeping an eye on a target store close to work that had been almost wiped out of all wave 1 figures but had no wave 2 out yet.

I had noticed that a couple of the DCPI assortment numbers were showing out of stock for that store on brickseek. Today I checked brickseek again and they showed some quantity so I went during my lunch break and found a Frankenstein and a Gorn. They had both 2 packs and some of the other wave 2 figs. No Spock or Kiss. This is in South Florida (Pembroke Pines).

Looks like I’m just going to need to wait about 3 weeks after each wave is supposed to be out before I find them in my ‘hood.

-Steve

Comment

• jayraytee
                            Career Member
                            • May 27, 2011

At a target in O'fallon, MO that has only ever had wave 1, today I found two Frankenstein, 1 Gorn and 1 Samantha. I bought 1 Gorn and one Frankenstein. It seems to me that all the ones around here just put out like one box worth at a time.
                            My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• toothaction
                              Career Member
                              • Jul 15, 2017

^^^ Very nice, but this thread is about online sales!
                              >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• cockyhoskins
                                Career Member
                                • Jan 13, 2009

Originally posted by Riderfan
                                Wow back in August you were one of the people advocating helping out international Mego fans. You & I exchanged PMs. Yeah your views on new Mego have really changed. Not being critical at all, I get it.
                                Yeah, maybe a little too melodramatic on my part! LOL. They are just toys after all!

I am still glad they're back. I just dread walking in to another Target store! LOL And I do understand the deal with Target made this possible, but I will be very happy when it's over.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎