X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toothaction
    Career Member
    • Jul 15, 2017

Wave 2 target.com Report

Anybody else amusing themselves by checking the site around once an hour? I think I'm done for the day.
    >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!
  • Steeler80
    Mayor of Strunk
    • Jun 29, 2001

I look about once a day. The nearest Target is around 2 hours from me so the website is my best shot. Had no trouble with what I wanted out of wave 1 but wave 2 is proving slower to arrive.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Still nothing new.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
        Museum Paramedic
        • Aug 31, 2005

The Mego Asylum, on Facebook, is having a cow and a horse over wave two at Target or the lack there of, as of yesterday.

- Ian
        Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Also, people are taking the end cap signs before they get thrown out and others are calling for them to lose their diplomatic immunity.

Some folks are getting weird in there.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• ODBJBG
            Permanent Member
            • May 15, 2009

Drove way out to the border to another Target to check for Wave 2. They had Wave 1 a few weeks ago. I go in and there's no endcap, no Mego anywhere. I look and I look. Finally I ask the clerk stocking toys. He immediately knows what I'm talking about and directs me to the endcap, where the figures are missing (there's Barbie stuff there now, no Mego sign or anything) and he looks puzzled. He calls over the manager and they talk about it for a while. They get a guy from the back. They think maybe it was clearanced, but it's nowhere in any of the clearance aisles.

Anyway, long story short, no Mego Wave 2 and this store apparently purged all their Wave 1 stock. It was strange to say the least. They specifically told me that there was a pretty large endcap worth, so it's not like it just sold out all of the sudden. But no one seemed to know what had happened to it.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
              Moderation Engineer
              • Aug 14, 2003

I am pretty sure you can't be appointed to the US Supreme Court if convicted of prematurely taking a foam board end cap sign from Target.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                Moderation Engineer
                • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                Drove way out to the border to another Target to check for Wave 2. They had Wave 1 a few weeks ago. I go in and there's no endcap, no Mego anywhere. I look and I look. Finally I ask the clerk stocking toys. He immediately knows what I'm talking about and directs me to the endcap, where the figures are missing (there's Barbie stuff there now, no Mego sign or anything) and he looks puzzled. He calls over the manager and they talk about it for a while. They get a guy from the back. They think maybe it was clearanced, but it's nowhere in any of the clearance aisles.

Anyway, long story short, no Mego Wave 2 and this store apparently purged all their Wave 1 stock. It was strange to say the least. They specifically told me that there was a pretty large endcap worth, so it's not like it just sold out all of the sudden. But no one seemed to know what had happened to it.
                Did you check the other aisles? I have seen pictures at some stores where they have been dispersed to other areas in the toy section.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

Well, back to the intended subject of this thread. Target.com still hasn't put them up for sale.

Shop Target for mego you will love at great low prices. Choose from Same Day Delivery, Drive Up or Order Pickup plus free shipping on orders $35+.

Comment

• Mary Canary
                    Career Member
                    • Jun 21, 2017

LOL @ The Mego Asylum.
                    Yeah, they seem a little whipped up today.
                    Also, I'm puzzled how someone removes and walks out of Target with a big endcap sign and no one from Target notices or asks them about it?

Comment

• ODBJBG
                      Permanent Member
                      • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                      Did you check the other aisles? I have seen pictures at some stores where they have been dispersed to other areas in the toy section.
                      Indeed. I was in every aisle in the toy aisles. I also went to the entertainment section and pretty much the whole store honestly. It was strange.

Comment

• palitoy
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Mary Canary
                        Also, I'm puzzled how someone removes and walks out of Target with a big endcap sign and no one from Target notices or asks them about it?
                        You'd be amazed at what you can get away with when you act like you're supposed to be doing it.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                          Museum Paramedic
                          • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by palitoy
                          Also, people are taking the end cap signs before they get thrown out and others are calling for them to lose their diplomatic immunity.

Some folks are getting weird in there.
                          I feel like if we put the Asylum in an asylum, we’d have a group of men in hysterics waiting for their cups of medication with a sip of water. Whew.

- Ian

Comment

• palitoy
                            • Jun 16, 2001

Yeah, I'll just patiently wait, everything will eventually get launched on the site.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                              Museum Paramedic
                              • Aug 31, 2005

^ Of course! Everyone who’s in the market for wave 2 will find what they want soon.

- Ian

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎