Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 15 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: Wave 2 target.com Report

Wave 2 target.com Report

Anybody else amusing themselves by checking the site around once an hour? I think I'm done for the day.
    >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

I look about once a day. The nearest Target is around 2 hours from me so the website is my best shot. Had no trouble with what I wanted out of wave 1 but wave 2 is proving slower to arrive.

Still nothing new.

Images
    The Mego Asylum, on Facebook, is having a cow and a horse over wave two at Target or the lack there of, as of yesterday.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Blog Entries
    Also, people are taking the end cap signs before they get thrown out and others are calling for them to lose their diplomatic immunity.

Some folks are getting weird in there.

Drove way out to the border to another Target to check for Wave 2. They had Wave 1 a few weeks ago. I go in and there's no endcap, no Mego anywhere. I look and I look. Finally I ask the clerk stocking toys. He immediately knows what I'm talking about and directs me to the endcap, where the figures are missing (there's Barbie stuff there now, no Mego sign or anything) and he looks puzzled. He calls over the manager and they talk about it for a while. They get a guy from the back. They think maybe it was clearanced, but it's nowhere in any of the clearance aisles.

Anyway, long story short, no Mego Wave 2 and this store apparently purged all their Wave 1 stock. It was strange to say the least. They specifically told me that there was a pretty large endcap worth, so it's not like it just sold out all of the sudden. But no one seemed to know what had happened to it.

Images
    Blog Entries
    I am pretty sure you can't be appointed to the US Supreme Court if convicted of prematurely taking a foam board end cap sign from Target.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ODBJBG View Post
    Drove way out to the border to another Target to check for Wave 2. They had Wave 1 a few weeks ago. I go in and there's no endcap, no Mego anywhere. I look and I look. Finally I ask the clerk stocking toys. He immediately knows what I'm talking about and directs me to the endcap, where the figures are missing (there's Barbie stuff there now, no Mego sign or anything) and he looks puzzled. He calls over the manager and they talk about it for a while. They get a guy from the back. They think maybe it was clearanced, but it's nowhere in any of the clearance aisles.

Anyway, long story short, no Mego Wave 2 and this store apparently purged all their Wave 1 stock. It was strange to say the least. They specifically told me that there was a pretty large endcap worth, so it's not like it just sold out all of the sudden. But no one seemed to know what had happened to it.
    Did you check the other aisles? I have seen pictures at some stores where they have been dispersed to other areas in the toy section.

Well, back to the intended subject of this thread. Target.com still hasn't put them up for sale.

https://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=mego

LOL @ The Mego Asylum.
    Yeah, they seem a little whipped up today.
    Also, I'm puzzled how someone removes and walks out of Target with a big endcap sign and no one from Target notices or asks them about it?