X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Top Five Awesome Things on Ebay this Week

Hey it's Friday, that means another segment of my online window shopping and drooling. Man this is cathartic and a lot cheaper than buying this stuff.

Italian Spider-Man! These Superhero cars were produced in Italy and were meant to be used with the Mego 12" Superheroes. I'm a big Mego fan but i've never pulled the trigger on these, there is also a Superman and Batman versions.

Ben Cooper Sleestak costume- Aggggghhh, this one is killing me but I've already spent my budget for the fall. I usually treat myself to one new Halloween costume every fall but I've been treating myself to lots of things lately.

Superman Carnival Mirror- Around here, the midways only had stuff like "Cheap Trick" and "Motley Crue", I'd have gone crazy for a Superman mirror like this!

FunStuf Power Superhero Power Shield- Power Shields were a really weird concept toy by FunStuf (who made a lot of cool Superhero Merch). I mean shields for any other character than Captain America make as much sense as a Utility belt for the Hulk. There used to be a commercial for this on Youtube but it seems to have disappeared.

Dr Zaius Belt Buckle- I love Planet of the Apes merchandise and a lot of my disposable income seems to go right towards it. I draw the line at this because it would be too tempting to wear it over my dirty bathrobe while I wander the neighbourhood, thus ruining my daughter's social standing forever. You're welcome, sweetie.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time rounding up these absurdities for us, so we don’t have to!

Seriously, you cast a wide net that yields things from rabbit holes into which I would never venture on my own.

That said, I’d take the Apes belt and the Spider-man car.

Comment

• toothaction
      Career Member
      • Jul 15, 2017

^ And I'll take the jiggler that's no doubt hiding next to that Sleestak box!
      >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• Confessional
        Maker & Whatnot
        • Aug 8, 2012

Ok, I also stopped at the Ape belts too, but I have this insatiable desire to buy them all, quickly cut and discard the belts, ink up those buckles and pull a sweet set of relief prints off them. Same reason I ended up with printer's plates and ad mats in my collection.

… oh, and then I'm making molds and casting them in translucent and glow-in-dark-resins to wear as hipster-geezer bling in the apocalypse. Ape-buckle-destiny!

Comment

• EmergencyIan
          Museum Paramedic
          • Aug 31, 2005

The power shield looks like it could have had some real potential with certain characters, including Wonder Woman. I like the Apes belt buckle, but as a display piece. LOL Of course, the Spider-Car is neat...especially cool in the Italian packaging.

- Ian
          Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• cjefferys
            Duke of Gloat
            • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by RSS
            thus ruining my daughter's social standing forever.
            Just don't let her friends see your office.

After the past few toy shopping excursions with you guys, I've gotten interested in carnival mirrors, especially rock band ones actually. Thanks for reminding me to hunt around on ebay for some.

And oh, I would LOVE that Spidey car for my 12" Spider-man, but boy not at that price. That's depressing....

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎