Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mmrabin
    • Sep 9, 2018

Legit RC Batman head

I’ve looked at the accessory page, as well as doing a quick search of the forum, and still don’t have a definitive answer. If anyone can point me to the right thread.

I recently bought 2 RC Batman. Both heads have the same, standard, NPP copyright info on the back of the neck. The head on the right appears narrower and is made of significantly squishier rubber. Are these both original RC heads? Were there repos beyond FTC, DM, and CTVT?

I’ve tried to embed a photo link but 50-50 odds I’m outwitted by basic technology.

Thanks,

2 likes, 0 comments - mm_rabin on September 28, 2018
  • glimpy
    Loco Chango
    • Feb 5, 2012

They both look authentic to me

Last edited by glimpy; Sep 28, '18, 2:56 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

• mmrabin
      • Sep 9, 2018

Legit RC Batman head

Originally posted by mmrabin
      I’ve looked at the accessory page, as well as doing a quick search of the forum, and still don’t have a definitive answer. If anyone can point me to the right thread.

I recently bought 2 RC Batman. Both heads have the same, standard, NPP copyright info on the back of the neck. The head on the right appears narrower and is made of significantly squishier rubber. Are these both original RC heads? Were there repos beyond FTC, DM, and CTVT?

I’ve tried to embed a photo link but 50-50 odds I’m outwitted by basic technology.

Thanks,

https://instagram.com/p/BoRuQRIn7-R/
      Thanks for responding so quickly. Were you able to to open up the Instagram link? Though, the difference in width is more apparent in person. Also, is it weird the head in question is made of such pliable rubber? I haven’t owned one fresh out of the box since 1973, so maybe that’s the sign of a well-preserved toy.

Comment

• knight errant00
        8 Inch Action Figure
        • Nov 15, 2005

When I was a kid, the first Mego I got was an RC Batman, and I remember compared to my friends' batman figs, mine also had a noticeably narrower head (almost like he'd look if you squished him slightly between your fingers and it stuck that way). He also had a softer material than the others I saw back then -- maybe a bad batch of vinyl one day, and a number of RC Batmen with softer, narrower heads resulted?

Comment

• hobub
          Ghost of a Dead Indian
          • Jun 18, 2001

I don't own one but I don't think the back of the head is marked NPP on the repro. I've seen them soft but still vinyl and not out right rubber like ctvt's early stuff like the knights and hoods. Huge difference in material.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎