Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Thread: Legit RC Batman head

Legit RC Batman head

Iíve looked at the accessory page, as well as doing a quick search of the forum, and still donít have a definitive answer. If anyone can point me to the right thread.

I recently bought 2 RC Batman. Both heads have the same, standard, NPP copyright info on the back of the neck. The head on the right appears narrower and is made of significantly squishier rubber. Are these both original RC heads? Were there repos beyond FTC, DM, and CTVT?

Iíve tried to embed a photo link but 50-50 odds Iím outwitted by basic technology.

Thanks,

https://instagram.com/p/BoRuQRIn7-R/

Images
    Blog Entries
    They both look authentic to me

Last edited by glimpy; Sep 28, '18 at 2:56 PM.
    ]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/superfriends/images/7/78/World%27s_Greatest_Super-Heroes_-_DC_Characters.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140106164547

Legit RC Batman head

Quote Originally Posted by mmrabin View Post
    Iíve looked at the accessory page, as well as doing a quick search of the forum, and still donít have a definitive answer. If anyone can point me to the right thread.

I recently bought 2 RC Batman. Both heads have the same, standard, NPP copyright info on the back of the neck. The head on the right appears narrower and is made of significantly squishier rubber. Are these both original RC heads? Were there repos beyond FTC, DM, and CTVT?

Iíve tried to embed a photo link but 50-50 odds Iím outwitted by basic technology.

Thanks,

https://instagram.com/p/BoRuQRIn7-R/
    Thanks for responding so quickly. Were you able to to open up the Instagram link? Though, the difference in width is more apparent in person. Also, is it weird the head in question is made of such pliable rubber? I havenít owned one fresh out of the box since 1973, so maybe thatís the sign of a well-preserved toy.

Images
    When I was a kid, the first Mego I got was an RC Batman, and I remember compared to my friends' batman figs, mine also had a noticeably narrower head (almost like he'd look if you squished him slightly between your fingers and it stuck that way). He also had a softer material than the others I saw back then -- maybe a bad batch of vinyl one day, and a number of RC Batmen with softer, narrower heads resulted?

Images
    I don't own one but I don't think the back of the head is marked NPP on the repro. I've seen them soft but still vinyl and not out right rubber like ctvt's early stuff like the knights and hoods. Huge difference in material.