Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Action Favorites!

Collecting loose Star Wars is frustrating, because reproduction accessories are highly frowned upon, yet there are tons of them out there. Fortunately, I had most of the accessories from my youth, but I still could use a Han blaster or two.

Carded collecting is just completely out of the question. TONS of fakes and bootlegs out there being passed off as the real thing. They even fool AFA.

It actually is more fun to collect a secondary tier of Star Wars, like the 12 inch figures, or oddball, non-toy items.
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

Images
    ^I had some of the 12 inch Star Wars figures. I really liked them. They were pretty well done.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Images
    Blog Entries
    ^Looking back, I miss those the most. 12" Boba Fett was fantastic!! I had Leia ("borrowed" from my sister), Luke, Chewbacca, C3PO, Jawa, Darth Vader, and Fett.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Sep 30, '18 at 2:57 PM.
    WANTED: Gray AJ Mustang horse; Dale Arden dagger; Grayson SI trousers; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedji View Post
    Collecting loose Star Wars is frustrating, because reproduction accessories are highly frowned upon, yet there are tons of them out there. Fortunately, I had most of the accessories from my youth, but I still could use a Han blaster or two.

Carded collecting is just completely out of the question. TONS of fakes and bootlegs out there being passed off as the real thing. They even fool AFA.

It actually is more fun to collect a secondary tier of Star Wars, like the 12 inch figures, or oddball, non-toy items.
    You are right about collecting loose figures. I had 90% of the weapons for my original figures. I found a few sources on eBay and locally that I could trust to not sell me figures with repro weapons. That and the imperial gunnery site helped to not get ripped off. Then everything changed in late 2016. The repro weapons are now much harder to identify. Good news for me was that I reached my goal of having the first 77 figures.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    ^Looking back, I miss those the most. 12" Boba Fett was fantastic!! I had Leia ("borrowed" from my sister), Luke, Chewbacca, C3PO, Jawa, Darth Vader, and Fett.
    I had Luke, Chewbacca and Ben Kenobi. I got them for Christmas, from Santa, one year along with a lot of other Stat Wars toys. I wanted more of them, but it didn’t work out. The first of the 12 inch figures that I had was actually Han, but when we got out to the car, I realized that his medal was missing. So, we returned him to the store. He was the only Han Solo they had. This was during the summer prior. Anyhow, I still really wanted that Han Solo and apparently my grandmother searched for him all over including calling toy stores in St Louis, Indianapolis and Chicago, where we had someone who could pick him up for her. Alas, he must have been very popular as she wasn’t able to find one for me for that Christmas.

- Ian

Huh, that's funny your Han was missing his medal, Ian; my Darth Vader had no lightsaber when I got him. I wonder if there was a lot of pilfering in the store, or factory errors?

Confession: Boba Fett was my reward for stopping sucking my fingers. I won't tell you what grade that was.

Completing my set of loose 12" wasn't cheap, but compared to carded vintage, it was very doable and more fun.
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedji View Post
    Huh, that's funny your Han was missing his medal, Ian; my Darth Vader had no lightsaber when I got him. I wonder if there was a lot of pilfering in the store, or factory errors?
    May be so. In hindsight, I could have lived with Han without his medal. If I’d have known he’s was going to be impossible to find, relatively later, I would have kept him. As we know hindsight really is 20/20. On the other hand, Darth Vader without a light saber is not quite as palatable.

It’s neat that you’d recollected all of the 12 inch figures. They’re great!

- Ian

Images
    I couldn't convince my Mom to give me an advance on my allowance to buy the 12" figures. I did manage to get her to put Han on lay-away at Hills. He was the only one they had. After a month, he was mine. Medal and all. He got to hang out with the old GI Joes and the Six Million Dollar Man. I bought 13 of the 12" figures they made in 1996/97. They are more detailed but something still cool about the originals. You can still get decent deals, relatively speaking, on some of the 12".

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Myoldtoys View Post
    I couldn't convince my Mom to give me an advance on my allowance to buy the 12" figures. I did manage to get her to put Han on lay-away at Hills. He was the only one they had. After a month, he was mine. Medal and all. He got to hang out with the old GI Joes and the Six Million Dollar Man. I bought 13 of the 12" figures they made in 1996/97. They are more detailed but something still cool about the originals. You can still get decent deals, relatively speaking, on some of the 12".
    I haven’t visited those auctions in over a decade. Maybe they’re with a revisit. Han was very cool!

I did end up with the 12 inch Kenner Indiana Jones figure in 1981. That’s a pretty neat figure.

- Ian

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EmergencyIan View Post
    I haven’t visited those auctions in over a decade. Maybe they’re with a revisit. Han was very cool!

I did end up with the 12 inch Kenner Indiana Jones figure in 1981. That’s a pretty neat figure.

- Ian
    A decent looking Han sold for $53 two days ago. Without the medal of course