• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

My Little Pony 35th Anniversary Rainbow Collection

Rainbow Ponies!

Found these at Target. They are scented and each come with a puffy sticker. Don't get much more 80s than that.

rainbowpony.JPG

Last edited by Werewolf; Sep 26, '18, 7:12 PM.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Godzilla
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 3, 2002

Wow are those from the original molds?
    Mortui Vivos Docent
    The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I think it's interesting that SW collectors lose their marbles at reissues but other fan bases like GI Joe, MLP, MOTU and Barbie collectors seem generally pleased with it happening.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
        I think it's interesting that SW collectors lose their marbles at reissues but other fan bases like GI Joe, MLP, MOTU and Barbie collectors seem generally pleased with it happening.
        There just seems to be a large swath of SW collectors that are really hostile and entitled. They are the kind of group that throws out threats at someone that opens a Rancor Keeper on a totally trashed card.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Werewolf
          They are the kind of group that throws out threats at someone that opens a Rancor Keeper on a totally trashed card.
          I was about to issue judgement then I remembered that my friend Mike got called Hitler for decarding a set of Remco McDonalds characters. Quietly backing into my glass house...

Comment

• toothaction
            Career Member
            • Jul 15, 2017

Originally posted by palitoy
            I was about to issue judgement then I remembered that my friend Mike got called Hitler for decarding a set of Remco McDonalds characters. Quietly backing into my glass house...
            You'd think they would be happy, as their investment that they're afraid to play with just became a titch more of a scarce commodity.
            >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• palitoy
              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by toothaction
              You'd think they would be happy, as their investment that they're afraid to play with just got a little more scarce.
              Yeah, I think he paid $25 a pop for them on average cards. That's nothing.

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Godzilla
                Wow are those from the original molds?
                I don't know for sure. Do to the age though, probably not. But they are really close to the originals. Here's a comparison between Parasol. The original on the left and the reissue on the right. The original is a little darker. But that could also just be from age. The one difference is you couldn't turn the heads on the original Ponies. You can on the new ones.

parasol.JPG

I got the Pretty Parlor playset today and one easy to spot difference is Twinkles the cat. The reissue uses Custard's mold from Strawberry Shortcake.

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

I just read a third series of anniversary ponies are starting to hit Target. The Unicorn and Pegasus collection. I'm really impressed with Bridge Direct/Basic Fun I never thought they'd go this deep into the line. Hopefully they will get to the So Soft Ponies.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎