Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RIP Norm Breyfogle...

Images
    Blog Entries
    one of the great ones on Batman RIP.
    Planet Earth is Blue

As much as these things are always sad, this one really hurts - I had the good fortune to meet him a handful of times over the span of almost 20 years, and whether it was teenage me or adult me, I walked away EVERY TIME impressed with the experience and how amazingly and genuinely *nice* Norm Breyfogle was. Just a really pleasant, gracious person who really appreciated and engaged with the people who enjoyed his work. One of my prized possessions is a commission I got from him at a show about 10 years ago, framed on the wall of my office.

Huge loss when he couldn't work anymore, but an even bigger loss because he was just such a good guy.
    "If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbutsu View Post
    As much as these things are always sad, this one really hurts - I had the good fortune to meet him a handful of times over the span of almost 20 years, and whether it was teenage me or adult me, I walked away EVERY TIME impressed with the experience and how amazingly and genuinely *nice* Norm Breyfogle was. Just a really pleasant, gracious person who really appreciated and engaged with the people who enjoyed his work. One of my prized possessions is a commission I got from him at a show about 10 years ago, framed on the wall of my office.

Huge loss when he couldn't work anymore, but an even bigger loss because he was just such a good guy.
    There are so many GOOD guys in the industry and it really does SUCK when one passes never really fully realizing how great they were both as a person and as a story teller. If you could take a pic of that commission and post it I'd love to see it. I never had the good fortune of meeting Norm...but I was a huge fan of his work. Thanks for sharing.
    "When not too many people can see we're all the same
    And because of all their tears,
    Their eyes can't hope to see
    The beauty that surrounds them
    Isn't it a pity".

- "Isn't It A Pity"
    By George Harrison

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list:
    Good Traders List - Page 80 - Mego Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Meanie View Post
    There are so many GOOD guys in the industry and it really does SUCK when one passes never really fully realizing how great they were both as a person and as a story teller. If you could take a pic of that commission and post it I'd love to see it. I never had the good fortune of meeting Norm...but I was a huge fan of his work. Thanks for sharing.
    I haven't forgotten about you - was out of town for a while and then buried under catch-up... I'll get something posted soon.
    "If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

All right - took a bit and I still can't get it to photograph well, but here we go...
    breyfogle.jpg

- Mark Twain

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbutsu View Post
    All right - took a bit and I still can't get it to photograph well, but here we go...
    breyfogle.jpg
    Thanks. That is a STUNNING example of Norm's brilliance on Batman. It's a shame that he isn't mentioned with other great Batman artists like Adams and Aparo.
    "When not too many people can see we're all the same
    And because of all their tears,
    Their eyes can't hope to see
    The beauty that surrounds them
    Isn't it a pity".

- "Isn't It A Pity"
    By George Harrison

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list:
    Good Traders List - Page 80 - Mego Talk

It really is; I still can't believe I have it. Based on what I asked him to draw, what he charged me, and the time he had to take commissions at the show I got it form him at, this was 100% something he did for me out of the goodness of his heart. I'd like to think it would give him some comfort to know that even a decade down the road, I still treasure and appreciate it as much as I assumed he hoped/thought I would.

- Mark Twain