Funko is mixing DCU with MOTU

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Orion1
    • Apr 7, 2010

As an old school Masters of the Universe fan, and a DC Superhero Collector, I really like these. The initial run of these figures on Amazon were garbage - they had breakage, mold defects, poor plastic, and sloppy paint - they looked like cheap knockoffs. The new run of these figures at Target are vastly improved - no breakage better plastic and the paint is perfect. The only problem I see with them is their hands are kind of stiff and I wasn't able to put the weapons in their hands. However a little "boil & pop" hot water action and the hands softened up easily to accept the weapons. They stand, pose, and hold the weapons very securely now. I am looking forward to adding the Funko Thundercats to go along with these. My local Target got in a case these and I was able to pick up a Wonder Woman, King Shark, and Joker figure, the others were already gone. These went real fast at my local Target and all that is left is a lone Joker figure now. No sign of the Comic, Battle Beasts, or Batcave playset, or the T-shirts.

Target.com has some in stock now for anybody looking.

Wave 2 was seen at the Funko London Toyfair.

https://newtoynews.com/2019/01/21/fu...dc-primal-age/

With Mattel losing the rights to DC Comics Figures and Spinmaster acquiring the rights, I hope there would be some room for somebody to make this 5 inch style of the Heroes in their Classic "non-savage" costumes in the future.
    Last edited by Orion1; Jan 24, '19, 5:12 AM.

Comment

• fun guy
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 24, 2011

Originally posted by Orion1
      As an old school Masters of the Universe fan, and a DC Superhero Collector, I really like these. The initial run of these figures on Amazon were garbage - they had breakage, mold defects, poor plastic, and sloppy paint - they looked like cheap knockoffs. The new run of these figures at Target are vastly improved - no breakage better plastic and the paint is perfect. The only problem I see with them is their hands are kind of stiff and I wasn't able to put the weapons in their hands. However a little "boil & pop" hot water action and the hands softened up easily to accept the weapons. They stand, pose, and hold the weapons very securely now. I am looking forward to adding the Funko Thundercats to go along with these. My local Target got in a case these and I was able to pick up a Wonder Woman, King Shark, and Joker figure, the others were already gone. These went real fast at my local Target and all that is left is a lone Joker figure now. No sign of the Comic, Battle Beasts, or Batcave playset, or the T-shirts.

Target.com has some in stock now for anybody looking.

Wave 2 was seen at the Funko London Toyfair.

https://newtoynews.com/2019/01/21/fu...dc-primal-age/

With Mattel losing the rights to DC Comics Figures and Spinmaster acquiring the rights, I hope there would be some room for somebody to make this 5 inch style of the Heroes in their Classic "non-savage" costumes in the future.
      Me too.,I Hope Funko makes this 5 inch style of the DC Comics characters in their classic costumes soon.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 22, 2011

If they make the DC heroes in their classic costumes I will get them.

Comment

• fun guy
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 24, 2011

Originally posted by Mego-Amigo
          If they make the DC heroes in their classic costumes I will get them.
          Me too,Count me in.,I Hope it happens.

Comment

• scott metzger
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 9, 2007

Given my two favorite properties are DC and MOTU, it's like these were made with me in mind. The quality control of the initial releases left a bit to be desired (I had problems with all but two of the figures) kind of dulled the excitement. but I am hearing here and elsewhere that the QC has improved on the ones at Target. Looking forward to the next wave, but a little bummed the next wave is all testosterone. I'd think Catwoman would have been a natural for this line, or Huntress, especially with the strong Bat presence. Hawkman and Hawkwoman would have been naturals, as well. Still one of my favorite new lines out there.

Comment

• ScottA
              Original Member
              • Jun 25, 2001

I found the comic today at Target, It wasn't a bad read. I thought of it more as an "Elseworld" story.

It contained the main story and then solo stories of Wonder Woman & Grundy, Joker, Freeze, Batman and Superman & Bizarro.

I still haven't seen any figures yet anywhere.
              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• monitor_ep
                Talkative Member
                • May 11, 2013

So where was the comic located? magazine, books, NECA/Funko backwall?
                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• ScottA
                  Original Member
                  • Jun 25, 2001

The comic was in the toy isle under the Marvel Legends. I just happen to run across it checking on the new Megos.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jun 22, 2011

The comic was on the end cap with the figures at my Target.

Comment

• ScottA
                      Original Member
                      • Jun 25, 2001

Originally posted by Mego-Amigo
                      The comic was on the end cap with the figures at my Target.
                      If my Target is going to do this they haven't done it yet.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                        Talkative Member
                        • May 11, 2013

comic book box (1).jpgcomic book box (2).jpgcomic book box (3).jpg

Found the box of comics but no action figures yet.
                        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡