Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

I haven't read the YouTube comments on these videos, but I bet they are brutal. Probably WAY more brutal than anyone involved deserves, but if you yell fire in a crowded room....

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Oh, it's brutal and kind of comedic. My favourite is a guy calling the fans "Sheep", where do i begin with how silly that is?
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

This whole thing was handled so poorly. The vids, photoshopping, wiki editing, lying about Marv Wolfman, etc. The hoax was a dumb insulting idea. But I don't post nasty comments on social media. That's over the top. I protest with my toy dollars. Not only will I not be getting the DC line I am seriously rethinking my support for other Savage World lines like Conan.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• MRP
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 19, 2016

My wife collects Wonder Woman stuff, so we might get the Wonder Woman figure, but I doubt we will get much else from it unless future waves have characters I can't resist (like the Hawks...). I pretty much tone out most marketing these days as it's all overwrought and calculated for any product, not just toy lines, and with so much white noise out there they have to do something to stand out, so extremes are pretty common, and that kind of desperation often leads to poor decisions like this campaign. I try (not always successfully) to base my decisions whether to buy on the products and not the marketing as best I can, but even the product here is only slightly intriguing and not enough to get me to buy in unless they hit certain notes later on.

-M
          "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Mary Canary
            Career Member
            • Jun 21, 2017

Ugh, I find Pixel Dan really annoying. I can't even make it through the whole video.
            Did he actually say they lied about Marv Wolfman? What does Marv Wolfman think of that??
            I feel like if Marv Wolfman was really involved, this would be much cooler.
            Sorry if I'm insulting anyone who is excited for these - but they just look super lame to me.
            I love DC and I love the original MOTU, but this is the best they could do for a mashup of the 2?
            These designs are just so... lame. If they wanted this to feel epic and exciting they should have put more thought into this, in my opinion.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Mary Canary
              Did he actually say they lied about Marv Wolfman?
              It's a complete hoax. They are not vintage Marv Wolfman designs.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Mary Canary
                Career Member
                • Jun 21, 2017

Oh gosh.
                It turns out Marv Wolfman is involved!
                He's doing a Target-exclusive "Primal Age" comic book, supposedly.

At New York Comic Con, DC Comics and Funko have been announcing a new line of figures, the DC Primal Age. And exclusive to Amazon. But DC Comics couldn't

Which I don't get... since the figures are going to be Amazon exclusives?
                So why is the comic book at Target?

Here's a look at the figures and the creatures.

After some rumors and such the past few days, Funko and DC Comics have formally announced the new DC Primal Age figure line!
                Last edited by Mary Canary; Oct 4, '18, 2:55 PM.

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Well, that explains how they got away with using his name in this whole thing.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jun 18, 2015

Originally posted by toothaction
                    And then there's that wikia link from the footage video...

10 to 1 that entry wasn't there a week ago!
                    Checked the revision history for the article. As you suspected it was added very recently. Interestingly the article was created by the creator of the DC wiki. It's also been locked so only administrators can edit it.

This, coupled with the fact it cites no sources means there's pretty much no way this wasn't planted by DC's marketing department.

I should note I am in no way angry at DC/Funko for this little stunt, but I do think this kind of a dumb ploy.
                    The hands that grip.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

I will say the scope of this line is very impressive. Not sure why DC and Funko think this approach is so worthy of such an effort, since we can't even get a playset out of regular DC lines these days, but hey, its nice to see one.

I would have rather had Funko put this much energy into their apparently aborted 4" Batman 66 line. We never got Joker, Penguin or Riddler!

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by hedrap
                        When Dan split Mattel, I wondered how he was going to survive. By how hard he's schilling in this vid, I think he's wondering the same thing.

For all the work, this is really blah.

man does he rub me the wrong way. Just can't stand watching him. stopped at 32 seconds
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• huedell
                          Museum Ball Eater
                          • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Werewolf
                          There's a difference between an April Fool's Day joke clearly marked as an April Fool's Day Joke and perpetuating a hoax.

Pixel Dan has always promoted himself as an honest, responsible and good natured reviewer and not just another one the long lines of internet trolls. It's not a good look for him. It's not good PR and doesn't help Funko or the product he is promoting.
                          Indeed.

The real tragedy for me is no real release of DISCO SKELETOR as of yet!

I WANT IT!!!
                          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• huedell
                            Museum Ball Eater
                            • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                            man does he rub me the wrong way. Just can't stand watching him. stopped at 32 seconds
                            I swallow ANYTHING directly related to MOTUC and that includes their biggest shill.

That said, I've been joking with my MOTUC friends for years that Dan is basically a humanoid Filmation-version Orko and should play him in a live-action MOTU movie.

Which (if you're not familiar with Filmation Orko) means that Dan is a goof-ball with a funny cartoony voice.

All that's missing from his vids are Urkel-style pratfalls.
                            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• huedell
                              Museum Ball Eater
                              • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by hedrap
                              I can't believe people are irked by a retcon campaign. I don't care for the toy line itself, but the approach is sublime. It's truly creative, not just another retread.

I'm going to stop before a rant kicks in.
                              I'm there with you. Its just them trying to creatively market.

Hey---did you say Dan officially worked for Mattel at one point?

You're not getting him confused with MOTUC munchkiny villain #1 are ya?

Comment

• Werewolf
                                Inhuman
                                • Jul 14, 2003

Saw a pic of Primal Age series 2 on Instagram. Superman, Bizarro, Flash, Super Powers Battlesuit Lex, Black Manta and Ace the Bathound repainted into Krypto.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎