Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Entertainment Earth has pics and pre-orders.

Visit Entertainment Earth for Primal Age - Mint Condition Guaranteed. Shop now!
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• MRP
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2016

Looks like Target is going to carry the Primal Age figures, and is producing a Primal Age Comic book that is a Target exclusive.

http://www.comicsbeat.com/dc-launche...dc-primal-age/

among the creators working on it are Marv Wolfman, Jerry Ordway, Louise Simonson and others...

here is the complete listing of stories/creators:

“The Primal Age” (32-page main story) – Written by Marv Wolfman with art by Scott Koblish
      “Born on a Monday” – Written and drawn by Jerry Ordway
      “Ice and Fire” – Written by Louise Simonson with art by Phil Winslade
      “Darkest Knight” – Written by Louise Simonson with art by Brent Anderson
      “The Joker’s Wild” – Written by Jerry Ordway with art by Chuck Patton, Karl Kesel and Tom Derenick
      “Not a Bird…” – Written by Marv Wolfman with art by Keith Pollard and Jose Marzan Jr.
      it will be priced at $9.99 of all new content in the same format as the 100 Page Giant comics DC sells at WalMart. The WalMart books are only $4.99, but only have 12 pages of original material and the rest is reprints.

-M
      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Megotastrophe
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 29, 2018

Wonder Woman should have a battle cat. Like a white tiger...

Comment

• MRP
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
          nah, a battle kangaroo as a nod to the Golden age era of WW comics, something along the lines of a vintage Star Wars tauntaun in design as a toy...

-M
          "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
            An "invisible" tiger! Though who could resist a kanga?
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

The bad thing is they are not getting good reviews, most people compare them to knock-off junk toys.

I keep hoping to find them in the stores but I guess next month I need to order a few to judge myself. I am going to start with Aquaman/King Shark and maby Ace the Bathound ( I do have a thing with superhero animals).
              Last edited by monitor_ep; Jan 21, '19, 10:33 PM.
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• MRP
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 19, 2016

If I get any, it's likely to be the Wonder Woman figure and the dire wolfesque Ace the Bathound. I only plan on getting them if I find them in store at a Target and can look them over in person first.

-M

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

DC won't put these creators on the regular books, but they will give them work on something like this? I'm glad they are getting work, don't get me wrong, but it seems like a supreme waste of talent for a toy tie-in stunt that seems half-baked to me.

DC should do a "classics" line, devoid of current continuity, with these folks at the helm. It would sell like hotcakes to us old farts...since we're still mostly the only ones buying comics anyway!

AFI has some images from the comic. The artwork is nice, but yeah, I'm not digging the subject matter myself. I'm sure others will.

Chris
                  Last edited by Earth 2 Chris; Jan 22, '19, 7:55 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

• ODBJBG
                    Permanent Member
                    • May 15, 2009

Honestly, first thing DC has done in a while that interested me. The figures are nice, though not without some wonky issues that didn't effect previous Savage World figures. But it's a nice line anyway.

As for it being a cheap tie-in toy thing, so was Secret Wars and that has turned into one of the lynchpins of the Marvel Universe. But at the time was just a dumb toy tie-in.

Not that I think this has potential to bee a longterm thing, but it could be a fun little project that could produce some cool comics to go with toys and lunch boxes and such. Ya never know...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

^I wouldn't categorize Secret Wars as a cheap toy tie-in. It could have been, but Marvel made it count by actually changing the characters during the mini-series, and actually NOT tying into the comics.

This feels more like the Super Powers comic mini-series. Jack Kirby was involved in the first two, so you have a veteran comic creator like the folks on Primal Age, but Kirby was involved in the development of the toy line, so that made total sense.
                      sigpic

Comment

• neogelion
                        Museum Patron
                        • Mar 11, 2009

I found the Batcave and the two animal mounts (Ace and a lizard) at Target yesterday. I bought the Batcave yesterday and it is amazing! The materials are really nice and it is solid.
                        Zombie? Vampire? Evil clown?!? Yes, please.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

The only figure I planned on getting was Aquaman, but that Batcave is so very tempting...
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• fun guy
                            Veteran Member
                            • Apr 24, 2011

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                            DC won't put these creators on the regular books, but they will give them work on something like this? I'm glad they are getting work, don't get me wrong, but it seems like a supreme waste of talent for a toy tie-in stunt that seems half-baked to me.

DC should do a "classics" line, devoid of current continuity, with these folks at the helm. It would sell like hotcakes to us old farts...since we're still mostly the only ones buying comics anyway!

AFI has some images from the comic. The artwork is nice, but yeah, I'm not digging the subject matter myself. I'm sure others will.

Chris
                            I Agree.DC And Funko should do a "Classics"line devoid of current continuity!

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jun 22, 2011

I saw an entire endcap of these tonight at Target.

Comment

• ScottA
                                Original Member
                                • Jun 25, 2001

I have yet to see these at Target.
                                sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎