Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question of the day: Do you display your vintage Mego with 2018 Mego figures?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • huedell
    Museum Ball Eater
    • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Hedji
    That’s part of the fun.
    Exactly.... I wouldn't have interest in these new figures if I didn't think they'd enhance my nostalgic Megos.
    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Gorn Captain
      Invincible Ironing Man
      • Feb 28, 2008

During my childhood, my Oscar Goldman was best friends with a couple of Jawas. He absolutely adored the little guys.

That said, I do have a display case with nothing but vintage original Mego. On the shelves next to that, it's mixed...
      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Steeler80
        Mayor of Strunk
        • Jun 29, 2001

Originally posted by Brown Bear
        I display mine by theme not era, meaning AHI monsters go with DST monsters, 12” Zod and 14” Zod together etc. Nothing boxed, all loose and ready to play.
        This is me. They are arranged by theme not era.

Comment

• megoat
          A Therefore Experience
          • Jun 10, 2003

Ok, i’ll be the lone dissenter. No. IMO, modern toys ruin vintage displays. But, again, that’s just me. Any modern toys I pick up get their own area and/or shelf and this includes Mego Corp....

Comment

• glimpy
            Loco Chango
            • Feb 5, 2012

Absolutely the brand is Mego that's good enough for me knowing that
            sigpic

Comment

• scott metzger
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 9, 2007

Diamond Treks, new Megos made into generic crew members, and a classic Gorn and Neptunian all go together fine. If they make some flying monkeys for Oz, they'll go in with the old figures. Happy Days original Ralph will go with the new Richie, who might become a combo of old and new parts, just like Fonzie. So with both Happy Days and Trek, it's not just mixing of old and new figures; some are mixing old and new parts,

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎