Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Items From Days Gone By Are You Glad To See Available Again?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Makernaut
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 22, 2015

What Items From Days Gone By Are You Glad To See Available Again?

I was just reading in the Arcade Forum about some of the retro gaming systems that are making a come back and it got me to thinking about how much I have enjoyed picking up re-issue/relaunched items from the old days. I can't remember when the trickle turned into a flood, but the last few years have brought back all kinds of things I thought I would never see widely available again from classic Puma and Nike shoe styles to Mego Action Figures. I've been gladly buying all kinds of goodies like the re-issues of the old Mattel hand held sports games, a classic edition of Risk, Nintendo, Atari, Mego, and some of the old shoes styles I had back in the day. Anyone else finding this to be a great time to reconnect with the old days? What have you been buying and what's on your list?
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

It's fascinating to walk into a Target store and find an album section in the music isle. Clearly there is a growing demand for this format again, which I never thought I would see.

Comment

• Makernaut
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 22, 2015

^Indeed!! I've got to get off my butt and go ahead and get a turntable. I've been "meaning to" for the last few years. Anytime I hit a place selling vinyl, I wind up browsing for a long time.

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

I wish McDonalds would reissue a 70's Big Mac, apple pie and French fries …. all made the proper 70's size and the same ingredients they used in the 70's right down to the cooking oil.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Target selling cassette Walkmans again.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• glimpy
            Loco Chango
            • Feb 5, 2012

KISS albums!! + Kmart ham sandwiches and Superman ice cream from Kmart
            sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

LPs, Stretch Armstrong, old School Doctor Who Target paperbacks.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Makernaut
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by Mikey
                I wish McDonalds would reissue a 70's Big Mac, apple pie and French fries …. all made the proper 70's size and the same ingredients they used in the 70's right down to the cooking oil.
                I don't usually do Taco Bell, but they have a Caramel Apple Empanada that reminds me of the old school McDonald's Hot Apple Pie because it's fried, not baked like the ones McDonald's sells today.

https://www.tacobell.com/food/sweets...apple-empanada

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

That reminds me, i'd like to see Taco Bell bring back their "taco lights"

Loved those shells

Originally posted by Makernaut
                  I don't usually do Taco Bell, but they have a Caramel Apple Empanada that reminds me of the old school McDonald's Hot Apple Pie because it's fried, not baked like the ones McDonald's sells today.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Muscle-body GI Joes! And Estrela-Falcon!
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• cjefferys
                      Duke of Gloat
                      • Apr 23, 2006

Vinyl, vinyl, vinyl! I've been spending more money on records than I have on toys this year. But my hobbies do tend to shift (and then back) from time to time.

Originally posted by Makernaut

McDonald's in Japan still has the fried apple pies, I probably stop at one almost every day just for that when I'm over there. Luckily here in Canada, our burger chain Harvey's sells fried apple pies that are very close to the old school McDonald's ones, so I get those a lot too.

Comment

• enyawd72
                        Maker of Monsters!
                        • Oct 1, 2009

Plastic monster model kits...companies like Moebius, MPC, Revell, and Round2 have been re-releasing all the great kits from years past, like Pirates of the Caribbean, Dark Shadows, Aurora monsters, etc. It's been great!

Comment

• Makernaut
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by cjefferys
                          McDonald's in Japan still has the fried apple pies, I probably stop at one almost every day just for that when I'm over there.
                          I never would have thought about them still having them because when I lived there, they were still on the menu everywhere. So.....reason number 8532 that I need to go back and visit.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎