Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just found some Wave 2 figures. What have YOU seen in stores?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by tjacwave50
    STOP THE PRESSES, I can't believe it, to my astonishment I walked into my local Target, which is about a 10 minute walking distance from my house and after checking for almost 2 months, I had to do a double take, and I seen wave 2, (1) Cliff and (2) Kelly Bundy and (2) Facts of Life Jo. These were not on an end cap they were mixed in with the WWE wrestlers
    they didn't have a tag price, they were under WWE for $10.99 I did take the Cliff to the price check scanner and it came up as Mego Cheers Cliff priced at 12.99

Now I was told by sales clerks more than once, that this store location was not getting mego figures, they never had any wave 1 figures but when I checked this weekend, there were these ones mentioned. I'm thinking did this particular store get these accidentally from a warehouse person mixing these in with the WWE figures? I just think that because there was only 3 characters offered and they were mixed in with the WWE figures, with no mego display or mego peg tags.

It's confusing to me, but at the same time it's a hopeful omen. Now I'll have to keep checking to see if any more show up.

It's just really strange that they never got wave 1, being told they weren't going to carry them, and then just happening to see 3 figures from wave 2 out of the blue. I originally went there to pick up Madden 19 for my PS4 and had to pass the toy section, and decided what the heck, I'll take a quick look to see if there's any mego figures, honestly wasn't expecting to see anything.
    I wasn't even going to look at the wrestling section last week, but did for no reason and there were two Bewitched figures! I check all the isles now. I know the end cap deal ends soon and I'm betting there will be some confusion as to where they are going to end up for a while.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

Wave 2 just hit New Hampshire! In Greenland, NH I just picked up a Gorn! They had 1 Gorn(Mine!), 1 Frankenstein Monster and 2 Samantha's.

Gotta say...I'm liking the new Gorn! Better color for the body and better paint job on the head(they even added shading). My one gripe(gottta have one!)would be I'd like to have seen him with bigger shoulders and biceps. The would have given him more size without using a Hulk body. But other than that...he's pretty Awesome!!
      sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by The Bat
        Gotta say...I'm liking the new Gorn! Better color for the body and better paint job on the head(they even added shading). My one gripe(gottta have one!)would be I'd like to have seen him with bigger shoulders and biceps. The would have given him more size without using a Hulk body. But other than that...he's pretty Awesome!!
        Yep. I agree. Gotta say, I think that's even better than the EMCE version which is a very good line in it's own right.

Comment

• mego
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 16, 2012

Anybody see any new KISS figures out in the wild?

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

Well glad to hear they showed up in New Hampshire, (Bat) did they carry any wave 1 figures at that location?
            just curious since their were no wave 1's at my local Target, then all of a sudden, there was wave 2 figures out of
            nowhere. Hope my store gets more wave 2 figures since I want to grab the Gorn and Frankenstein, I have the EMCE
            Gorn and would like to compare them side by side, and I'm foaming at the mouth for the Romulan in the next wave to come out, really hope I find it at my local Target, even by accident, and folks don't forget to check the WWE section of your store,
            you might see the new megos mixed in with them.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by mego
              Anybody see any new KISS figures out in the wild?
              Starchild is out. I have him.

Comment

• knight errant00
                8 Inch Action Figure
                • Nov 15, 2005

Dribbling out here in St. Louis, Green Lantern and Poison Ivy are now mixed in with the 14-inchers, and of the 8-inchers, I've seen at different stores Samantha, Gorn, Frankenstein, and the WOZ and Full House 2-packs.

Of Wave 1, the only one I haven't seen in weeks is Dracula.

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

After hitting a few Targets yesterday and today, I have finally started to see them on the pegs.

I've had the most luck with the 14"ers. I have found all four of wave 2 and picked them all up. Only one store had all four in stock. I grabbed a second Batgirl because the paint apps on the initial one I bought wasn't that good.

Of the 8"ers, I picked up the Wizard of Oz set, a Charlie's Angels Kris Munroe, and the only Samantha/Bewitched and Gorn I saw.

I also saw one Starchild, two Richie Cunninghams and multiple Full House sets.

Two Targets had moved the Megos off the endcap and into the aisle with Marvel and DC merchandise.

I am still in need of a Frankenstein and Kelly Bundy.

Comment

• Mary Canary
                    Career Member
                    • Jun 21, 2017

Originally posted by TRDouble
                    After hitting a few Targets yesterday and today, I have finally started to see them on the pegs.

I've had the most luck with the 14"ers. I have found all four of wave 2 and picked them all up. Only one store had all four in stock. I grabbed a second Batgirl because the paint apps on the initial one I bought wasn't that good.

Of the 8"ers, I picked up the Wizard of Oz set, a Charlie's Angels Kris Munroe, and the only Samantha/Bewitched and Gorn I saw.

I also saw one Starchild, two Richie Cunninghams and multiple Full House sets.

Two Targets had moved the Megos off the endcap and into the aisle with Marvel and DC merchandise.

I am still in need of a Frankenstein and Kelly Bundy.
                    Oooh! Good for you, I'm glad you're seeing them now too.

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by tjacwave50
                      Well glad to hear they showed up in New Hampshire, (Bat) did they carry any wave 1 figures at that location?

Yes, the Target in NH and both the stores in Maine I go to all have Wave 1 figures with the end cap displays.
                      sigpic

Comment

• mego
                        Veteran Member
                        • Sep 16, 2012

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                        Starchild is out. I have him.
                        NICE!!

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                          Moderation Engineer
                          • Aug 14, 2003

Yay!

Comment

• alex
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jun 15, 2009

I remember someone found or made a list with future releases, and it had "blade runner" of all things, now Doc has said that this wont be happening? Any insight?

Comment

• toothaction
                              Career Member
                              • Jul 15, 2017

Originally posted by alex
                              I remember someone found or made a list with future releases, and it had "blade runner" of all things, now Doc has said that this wont be happening? Any insight?
                              Would you mind linking us to where you heard this? Thanks!
                              >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                                Moderation Engineer
                                • Aug 14, 2003

That list was derived from Brick Link I believe. I don't think there's been anything official confirmed. Paul doesn't say anything until it's been cleared by the retailer (Target)

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎