Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just found some Wave 2 figures. What have YOU seen in stores?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powersthatbe
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 27, 2010

I was happy to see new product today.wizard of oz,richie and starchild.but the headsculpts for kiss and Richie didn't look good to me,don't know what happen there.kiss' left eye looked very weird.

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

I'm guessing at least 2 more Facts of Life characters will be offered, probably Blair and Mrs Garrett, in seperate waves.

Not sure how many more sitcom character series will be done, but if it continues, then I am hoping for Seinfeld and
      Three's Company.

Comment

• Mary Canary
        Career Member
        • Jun 21, 2017

^ I have seen a few friends on FB, not Mego collectors but just Facts of Life fans, who are excited about the figures and wishing for Blaire, Natalie, and Mrs. Garrett. On the one hand, I feel like Mego might just do 3 of the girls in these Target waves and be done if they aren't big sellers. On the other hand, I feel like how do they not make Natalie? That would be like making the Fantastic 4 and not making Invisible Girl. The foursome will be incomplete.

Comment

• powersthatbe
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 27, 2010

oh forgot to add I also saw GL,Superman,Batgirl and ivy.

Comment

• generic
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 25, 2009

Originally posted by powersthatbe
            I was happy to see new product today.wizard of oz,richie and starchild.but the headsculpts for kiss and Richie didn't look good to me,don't know what happen there.kiss' left eye looked very weird.
            I'm glad to hear that KISS is in the stores. I thought the face looked a little odd in the teaser photo, but I'm holding out until I see the figure for myself!

Originally posted by tjacwave50
            I'm guessing at least 2 more Facts of Life characters will be offered, probably Blair and Mrs Garrett, in seperate waves.
            I'd hope they'd do Natalie before Mrs Garrett.

Originally posted by Mary Canary
            ^ I have seen a few friends on FB, not Mego collectors but just Facts of Life fans, who are excited about the figures and wishing for Blaire, Natalie, and Mrs. Garrett. On the one hand, I feel like Mego might just do 3 of the girls in these Target waves and be done if they aren't big sellers. On the other hand, I feel like how do they not make Natalie? That would be like making the Fantastic 4 and not making Invisible Girl. The foursome will be incomplete.
            I agree.
            Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• Mego Newbie14
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 25, 2018

Grabbed Spock, Frankenstein, and Greg at the North Garland Tx store. Have two Gorns, Samantha, and two Phoebes still on the pegs.

Comment

• TRDouble
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Mary Canary
                Awww. Thanks. But now I feel bad for cleaning out the few I found. I think the first store I stopped at was on Walden. Had the most luck on Transit Road (?) And finished my rounds on Niagara Falls Blvd. So either these stores have been bought out or hopefully they will be restocked within a couple days! Good luck to you!
                It is what it is. I'd never begrudge another collector for finding what they want.

Funny thing is, I hit both Targets on Transit between Wednesday and Thursday and neither had anything. Earlier in the week, instead of going to the Walden store, I went to the North Buffalo Target and saw nothing there either. If that was the first store you stopped in, not going there may have been my mistake; they may have them all earlier in the week.

I did stop at the Walden Target and picked up a Wizard of OZ set for $24.99, so I got something from the new wave. I haven't seen any new 14" figures yet.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

I found a lone Samantha figure in Oregon at the Jantzen Beach Target yesterday. They had nothing else from wave two.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                    Often invisible
                    • Jul 18, 2002

Did pretty good at the Target in Burbank today. Two Frankensteins, a Gorn, and Cliff with a busted up card that I didn't have to feel bad about opening.

They had Greg, Samantha, and Kelly Bundy, as well as lots of WOZ and Full House.
                    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 27, 2010

was just looking at the target site and noticed sulu was selling at 17.99,weird.

Comment

• generic
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jun 25, 2009

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                        ...and Cliff with a busted up card that I didn't have to feel bad about opening.
                        As a collector who often can't decide if I should open a card or leave a figure carded, I feel good about picking up figures on beat-up cards. It makes my decision much easier!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

Today I found Samantha, Gorn, Richie, kris, and Starchild. I also saw the Full House two pack, but am going to wait to get it, because I already had six figures on me and my back pack wouldn't hold it. I'm sure it'll be easy to find later. I found the Gorn in the Halloween stuff, discarded by a previous shopper. What a sucker!!! Now it's MINE!!

Comment

• TrekStar
                            Trek or Treat
                            • Jan 20, 2011

STOP THE PRESSES, I can't believe it, to my astonishment I walked into my local Target, which is about a 10 minute walking distance from my house and after checking for almost 2 months, I had to do a double take, and I seen wave 2, (1) Cliff and (2) Kelly Bundy and (2) Facts of Life Jo. These were not on an end cap they were mixed in with the WWE wrestlers
                            they didn't have a tag price, they were under WWE for $10.99 I did take the Cliff to the price check scanner and it came up as Mego Cheers Cliff priced at 12.99

Now I was told by sales clerks more than once, that this store location was not getting mego figures, they never had any wave 1 figures but when I checked this weekend, there were these ones mentioned. I'm thinking did this particular store get these accidentally from a warehouse person mixing these in with the WWE figures? I just think that because there was only 3 characters offered and they were mixed in with the WWE figures, with no mego display or mego peg tags.

It's confusing to me, but at the same time it's a hopeful omen. Now I'll have to keep checking to see if any more show up.

It's just really strange that they never got wave 1, being told they weren't going to carry them, and then just happening to see 3 figures from wave 2 out of the blue. I originally went there to pick up Madden 19 for my PS4 and had to pass the toy section, and decided what the heck, I'll take a quick look to see if there's any mego figures, honestly wasn't expecting to see anything.

Comment

• generic
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jun 25, 2009

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                              Today I found Samantha, Gorn, Richie, kris, and Starchild. I also saw the Full House two pack, but am going to wait to get it, because I already had six figures on me and my back pack wouldn't hold it. I'm sure it'll be easy to find later. I found the Gorn in the Halloween stuff, discarded by a previous shopper. What a sucker!!! Now it's MINE!!
                              What a find! It sounds like wave 2 is really rolling in. I hope the Gorn in the Halloween section was left by a fickle adult rather than a kid who's mom turned him down.

Comment

• generic
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jun 25, 2009

Originally posted by tjacwave50
                                STOP THE PRESSES, I can't believe it, to my astonishment I walked into my local Target, which is about a 10 minute walking distance from my house and after checking for almost 2 months, I had to do a double take, and I seen wave 2, (1) Cliff and (2) Kelly Bundy and (2) Facts of Life Jo. These were not on an end cap they were mixed in with the WWE wrestlers
                                Congratulations on your find! I hope that will mean more to come at that location! I picked up Spock and also found 2 Greg and 2 of the wave 2 Charmed girl in the WWE section of a Target here in GA. My OCD got the better of me and I put the ones I didn't buy in the Mego section...then I rearranged the display so each peg held multiples of the same characters. I put the two Charmed characters next to each other and Greg next to Alice.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎