Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just found some Wave 2 figures. What have YOU seen in stores?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cockyhoskins
    Career Member
    • Jan 13, 2009

No Wave 2 this morning at my local Target in Greenville, SC. My birthday was yesterday, and I asked everyone to get me Target gift cards. LOL

These things are burning a hole in my pocket! Bring on Wave 2!

Comment

• MRP
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2016

Stopped by the Target in Fairborn/Beavercreek. No wave 2. The Mego endcap was already taken down and what was left of wave 1 was put in the collectible section of electronics until they take wave 2 out of the storeroom and put it up. The toy manager said she won't break street date with them (she said that as if I was going to ask her to go get them for me to prevent her having to say no I think) and said she thinks they appeal to more of the Funko pop crowd so moved what was left with the Funko pops because there was no set place for them yet in the toy aisles. She also said she won't be putting out wave 2 until Oct. 5th when a new wave of Funko figures are released. I am not sure she is following orders from above or making her own policy there. Either way, I was a bit put off by her responses, but oh well, I have two other Targets about the same distance away that I can check and give my business to when Wave 2 actually comes out, or I will order online.

-M
      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

So, she won't break the street date, but also won't put them out on the street date? Uncool!!

Comment

• MRP
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
          So, she won't break the street date, but also won't put them out on the street date? Uncool!!
          Exactly. Which is why I will go to a different Target. There are two that are equidistant-Fairborn/Beavercreek and Huber Heights, and another on the south side of Dayton. I like the Huber one best, but there are more other stores I like to check in on near the Beavercreek store, so I usually go to that one more often, but I always come away somehow disappointed when I do.

-M
          "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• generic
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 25, 2009

Well, I saw the Wizard of Oz 2-pack for the first time today. It's a nice set, but not one of the ones I plan to pick up.

I'm pretty sure I'm not going to start collecting the 14" figures, but every time I see Wonder Woman, my resolve becomes a bit weaker. Combine that with the photos you guys are posting of the wave 2 14" figures and I might just need to get another job!

Before the release, I was definitely only going to get ONE Dracula and that was the only new Mego I was going to get because I'm short on funds this year...however, at this point I've picked up Hendrix, Sulu, Chekov, the Star Trek 2-Pack, Spock, and TWO of Dracula! I know I'll get Frankenstein if/when I see him, but now I suspect I'll get the new Trek characters as well.

Originally posted by cockyhoskins
            My birthday was yesterday, and I asked everyone to get me Target gift cards. LOL
            If only I had a birthday right around now, I'd definitely go that route!
            Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• Mego Newbie14
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 25, 2018

Found a Gorn and Samantha at the Rowlett Tx Target. No other wave 2 anything. Bought them both.

Comment

• Mary Canary
                Career Member
                • Jun 21, 2017

So someone in the Mego Ambassador group said some of wave 2 was in one of the Targets in Buffalo. So I took a chance today and drove down there from Toronto. About an hour and a half, not including the border stop for interrogation. So when I got to the store this person had mentioned, I found only 1 Kris and 1 Richie from Happy Days. Not a total loss since I wanted Kris, but still was hoping for more after that drive. They also had the Oz set and 1 Full House set, neither of which I wanted. So I bought Kris, who thankfully looks to have good hair, and set out to have some lunch.

I decided after lunch to try another Target since I was in the area. Score. They had 2 Frankensteins, 2 Samanthas, and 2 Gorns. They must have just set these out because the toy crew was stocking all over and had broken down boxes piled up. So I picked up both Franks (1 for me, 1 for a friend who is looking), both Samanthas (1 for me, 1 to set aside for now), and 1 Gorn. I didn't even know I wanted a Gorn but he looks so neat! I am kind of kicking myself for not getting the 2nd Gorn since I know I could have forwarded him on. But I was trying not to blow the budget. I also saw Lantern and Ivy but passed on both of them. No Superman, no Batgirl. But I was thrilled to find the 8 inchers!

I did try 2 more Targets in the area after this, but only found Oz sets and more Kris and Richie. And the Krises did not have hair as nice as the first one I'd already picked up. I was hoping for Spock and Superman, but at least I found the majority of my wave 2 wishlist. And I'll likely be back in Buffalo in a month or two. Came home with 6 figures though. I had a little adventure. I'd say it was worth the drive. Oh, and I got to have Arbys for lunch!

Comment

• MRP
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by Mary Canary
                  So someone in the Mego Ambassador group said some of wave 2 was in one of the Targets in Buffalo. So I took a chance today and drove down there from Toronto. About an hour and a half, not including the border stop for interrogation. So when I got to the store this person had mentioned, I found only 1 Kris and 1 Richie from Happy Days. Not a total loss since I wanted Kris, but still was hoping for more after that drive. They also had the Oz set and 1 Full House set, neither of which I wanted. So I bought Kris, who thankfully looks to have good hair, and set out to have some lunch.

I decided after lunch to try another Target since I was in the area. Score. They had 2 Frankensteins, 2 Samanthas, and 2 Gorns. They must have just set these out because the toy crew was stocking all over and had broken down boxes piled up. So I picked up both Franks (1 for me, 1 for a friend who is looking), both Samanthas (1 for me, 1 to set aside for now), and 1 Gorn. I didn't even know I wanted a Gorn but he looks so neat! I am kind of kicking myself for not getting the 2nd Gorn since I know I could have forwarded him on. But I was trying not to blow the budget. I also saw Lantern and Ivy but passed on both of them. No Superman, no Batgirl. But I was thrilled to find the 8 inchers!

I did try 2 more Targets in the area after this, but only found Oz sets and more Kris and Richie. And the Krises did not have hair as nice as the first one I'd already picked up. I was hoping for Spock and Superman, but at least I found the majority of my wave 2 wishlist. And I'll likely be back in Buffalo in a month or two. Came home with 6 figures though. I had a little adventure. I'd say it was worth the drive. Oh, and I got to have Arbys for lunch!
                  Sounds like a great day. (now I want a Greek gyro from Arby's).

-M

Comment

• JWLJN
                    Veteran Member
                    • May 7, 2013

9F7DEA0C-3E99-4FE0-AA27-74D703657094.jpg

The girlfriend and I stopped at one of our local stores just outside of Pittsburgh tonight. First wave two inklings I’ve seen anywhere with Oz and Full House, but I was looking for Jo and Greg for me and the next Charmed girl for her. Oh well...soon!

-J\/\/
                    http://wrestlingmemorabilia.blogspot.com

https://www.facebook.com/JWsWrestlingMemorabilia

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

With the exception of one store that had a few set out, all the other Targets in Louisville are no shows. Pretty extraordinary given there are six within a short drive. They'll get there.

Comment

• TRDouble
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jul 10, 2012

Congrats! I must have picked the wrong Targets the last two days because I still haven't found anything.

Maybe I will try a couple today. I'm glad it wasn't a wasted drive.

Comment

• generic
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jun 25, 2009

I was far from home last night and checked two new Targets. The first one didn't have any Megos. I asked an employee because I thought they might have them in a different section and he told me that the Megos definitely aren't carried in any Target stores and can only be ordered online. The second store had the Wizard of Oz 2-pack, but aside from that, they only had all four 14" figures from wave 1 and a handful of the common 8" ladies from wave 1 plus Norm.

From what I've seen across the dozen or so Targets I've visited in the last month, Dracula seems to be the hot seller. Hendrix, Trek, I Dream of Jeannie, and Action Jackson are hit and miss. Norm and the 8" Ladies are usually available at every store. Most stores have at least the 14" Zod. Batman and Wonder Woman are hit and miss, and Harley is the 14" figure I see the least often.

Do those numbers reflect what the rest of you are seeing?

when I got to the store this person had mentioned, I found only 1 Kris and 1 Richie from Happy Days. I decided after lunch to try another Target since I was in the area. Score. They had 2 Frankensteins, 2 Samanthas, and 2 Gorns.
                          Score! I'm jealous! The Frankenstein / Samantha / Gorn box is the one I'd really like to find.

Comment

• Mary Canary
                            Career Member
                            • Jun 21, 2017

Originally posted by TRDouble
                            Congrats! I must have picked the wrong Targets the last two days because I still haven't found anything.

Maybe I will try a couple today. I'm glad it wasn't a wasted drive.
                            Awww. Thanks. But now I feel bad for cleaning out the few I found. I think the first store I stopped at was on Walden. Had the most luck on Transit Road (?) And finished my rounds on Niagara Falls Blvd. So either these stores have been bought out or hopefully they will be restocked within a couple days! Good luck to you!

Comment

• Mary Canary
                              Career Member
                              • Jun 21, 2017

Originally posted by generic
                              I was far from home last night and checked two new Targets. The first one didn't have any Megos. I asked an employee because I thought they might have them in a different section and he told me that the Megos definitely aren't carried in any Target stores and can only be ordered online. The second store had the Wizard of Oz 2-pack, but aside from that, they only had all four 14" figures from wave 1 and a handful of the common 8" ladies from wave 1 plus Norm.

From what I've seen across the dozen or so Targets I've visited in the last month, Dracula seems to be the hot seller. Hendrix, Trek, I Dream of Jeannie, and Action Jackson are hit and miss. Norm and the 8" Ladies are usually available at every store. Most stores have at least the 14" Zod. Batman and Wonder Woman are hit and miss, and Harley is the 14" figure I see the least often.

Do those numbers reflect what the rest of you are seeing?

Score! I'm jealous! The Frankenstein / Samantha / Gorn box is the one I'd really like to find.
                              Yeah, I can't figure out the case packs. But they had 2 and 2 and 2, so I'm guessing if the figures come in boxes of 6 this must be a pack. And maybe Kris and Richie together? I did not see Jo, Cliff, KISS, Charmed 2, Bundy, or Spock.

And I'd say your assessment of series 1 is pretty accurate. My friend wants Jo, and I told him given how many Tooties are still in supply Jo will likely be easy to find once she hits all stores.

Comment

• generic
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jun 25, 2009

Yeah, I can't figure out the case packs. But they had 2 and 2 and 2, so I'm guessing if the figures come in boxes of 6 this must be a pack. And maybe Kris and Richie together? I did not see Jo, Cliff, KISS, Charmed 2, Bundy, or Spock.
                                From what people have been reporting, I think one case is 2 Frankenstein / 2 Samantha / 2 Gorn and another case is 2 Spock / 2 Greg Brady / 2 Wave 2 Charmed (I picked up a Spock and the only other wave 2 figures they had were 2 of Greg and 2 of the 2nd wave Charmed girl)

And I'd say your assessment of series 1 is pretty accurate. My friend wants Jo, and I told him given how many Tooties are still in supply Jo will likely be easy to find once she hits all stores.
                                I suspect that will be the case with Jo. I wonder if they'll make more Facts of Life characters.
                                Last edited by generic; Sep 29, '18, 5:01 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎