Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just found some Wave 2 figures. What have YOU seen in stores?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wise guy
    Career Member
    • Dec 29, 2014

I have been collecting toys at Target since the 1990's and can't remember a time when someone from Toys would check stock in the back. They have always had a '' This is all we have"' speech from manager down. That's one of the main reasons I dreaded Target, and it's wild goose chases.

Comment

• generic
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 25, 2009

I haven't been on here in a few days, but I've been traveling around a lot lately, so I've been to about a dozen different Targets. This is what I've found:

1) Still some Megos on endcaps, but most have made their way over to the area with the wrestling figures and Marvel stuff.

2) I've now seen every 8" figure but Frankenstein. I've only seen one store with the wave two 14" figures. They had Green Lantern and Poison Ivy. I was going to pick up Green Lantern, but one of the boxes was covered with some kind of sticky stuff and the other one, the figure's outfit was messed up and his head didn't look right.

3) Despite visiting a total of around 24 Target stores, I've only found the Gorn at two different stores (so I was able to get the Gorn!), but not one single Frankenstein (which is the main figure I want from Wave 2).

4) Despite their lack of knowledge, I have found a few stores with employees who've really tried to help me (most just tell me Frankenstein isn't sold in stores, he's only available online...and he's not available online). The ones who have tried to help have known less that I do about what's available and where it's located, but at least they tried.

I'm going to keep looking. Hopefully, more figures will be coming out soon. I'll be driving from Atlanta to Houston this week, so if I have any extra time, I'll be stopping at as many Target stores as possible trying to find Frankenstein, Superman, and Green Lantern.
      Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• TRDouble
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 10, 2012

I've hit a few out of the way Targets in my travels this weekend and have come to the conclusion that Cliff, Kelly Bundy, Greg Brady, Phoebe, Jo and Spock have not hit Western New York at all yet. And I have seen at least one restock of Wave 2 with Frankenstein and Bewitched figures. Seems odd.

EDIT: Just found the last assortment at the first Target to get Wave 2 in the area. No Spock though.

EDIT 2: I keep forgetting Phoebe and Greg! They must be in the assortment with Spock, since I saw the other three of the six I hadn't seen. Yeesh! I'll get this straight eventually. Or see them all first.
        Last edited by TRDouble; Oct 15, '18, 9:20 PM.

Comment

• VintageMike
          Permanent Member
          • Dec 16, 2004

Almost all of them just not in the same store other than the 2 packs and 14 inch. Cliff/Richie/Kris/Starchild in one store. Jo/Kelly/Samantha in another. Gorn/Frankenstein and I forget who else in a third. Seems like no one store has all the 8' inch line for wave 2. Only ones I haven't seen are Greg Brady and Spock.

Comment

• The Nawd
            Nawd your head for yes.
            • Feb 15, 2011

Went to the nearest Target yesterday. From Wave 2 all they had was 2 of Samantha, 2 Wizard of Oz sets. And Superman in the 14", but I didn't get to dig around in the 14" to really check as I was rushed for time so there may have been other Wave 2 14" figures.

Since the sale is going on here where I live I went ahead and bought the Samantha with the better hair. The other one would have needed some work done to it.

Comment

• pickermall
              • Aug 12, 2018

The ONLY wave 2 in my local MAnsfield Ohio Target is 2 Oz 2 packs... NOTHING NEW. It's like they are trying to sell off wave one and let Mego die here...

Comment

• jayraytee
                Career Member
                • May 27, 2011

West of St Louis, been to 3 Targets one only had 4 Batgirl and a bunch of wave 1, one had no wave 2 at all just a bunch of wave 1, and the other one had a bunch of wave 1 and 1 Samantha, 1Greg, 1 Jo and 1 of each of the 14" wave 2 figures. Ive seen no Spock, no Frankenstein, no Gorn anywhere.

The one store that had 4 Batgirl out made me wonder did they get a whole box of only that figure? Seemed kind of odd.
                My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• kisscash
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 7, 2006

In the SW portion of Virginia - Roanoke and Lynchburg we are loaded with Female Figures.

Today I found a Chekov hanging out with Alice, Peg, Samantha and company. I had to save him :-) It was cool to see MEGO on my receipt.

Ca$h
                  sigpic

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                    Creature Of The Night
                    • May 14, 2011

From our 6 nearby Target stores, of Wave 2, I've only seen the Full House and Wizard of Oz two packs (at two different locations) and all four of the 14" figures at a single location. I have not seen any from the 8" line in any of our locations. One of our Targets, the closest to the house, has still not put out a single figure, not even from Wave 1. The pegs are there in the Marvel aisle, as is the big 25% Off sign, so I asked one of the clerks if they actually had them in stock. He scanned a few of the bar codes on the pegs, and nodded "Yes". So I asked him why he thought they wouldn't haven't been placed out on the floor yet, and his response was a shrug.

I asked him to check on the Frankenstein & Spock DPCI codes, he did and said, "These will not be available in stores, see it says that right here...". When I pointed out to him that the figures that he just looked up (from Wave 1, that he showed as being in the stockroom) said the same thing, he just shook his head and walked away.

I'm hoping that once the 25% sale ends on Saturday, that the "Not In Stores" tag will drop from online description. If it doesn't, I will be left wondering if we will ever see Wave 2 on the shelves in So. Cal? I'm doing my best to keep positive about this line, but I'm really getting a sense of deja vu reflecting my experience with the Toys R Us/Retro Action waves and I'm becoming less enthusiastic about hitting up the stores on my way home. Actually, I didn't even bother today, but do plan to try again on Sunday.

Comment

• darkbros
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 3, 2012

In the stores Near me ( 9 total), I have seen all of Wave 1 and most of Wave 2, except Kelly Bundy.

Common to all stores:
                      8" Alice, Peggy Bundy, Fonzie, Tootie, AJ, Norm, Sulu, Piper from Charmed
                      14" Zod
                      2 Pack: I Dream of Jeannie

Not So Common: ( Every other Store)
                      8" Kris Munroe Samantha Star Child Chekov Cliff Clavin
                      14" Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy Green Lantern Batgirl
                      2 Pack: WOZ Mirror Kirk/Spock

Rare: ( One spotted out of Every three Stores)
                      8" Frankenstein Gorn Jo ( from Facts of Life) Richie Cunningham Greg Brady, Spock
                      14" Batman SuperMan Wonder Woman

Sold OUT:
                      8" Dracula Jimmie Hendrix
                      14"
                      2Pack: Full House

Do they Exist(?)
                      8" Kelly Bundy
                      Last edited by darkbros; Oct 21, '18, 1:27 PM. Reason: finally saw and bought Greg Brady and Spock
                      Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                      https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                      "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• TrekStar
                        Trek or Treat
                        • Jan 20, 2011

My local Target had all of wave 2 except for Richie Cunningham, although Gorn, Frankie, had only one of each left, obviously
                        the more popular of the wave.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                          Creature Of The Night
                          • May 14, 2011

So, me and my other half went to see Halloween tonight, and on the way home he says, "Pull in to Target, we need milk".At first I wasn't going to go in, but thought, "Eh...why not?". Glad I did. They had 2 Frankensteins, 2 Gorns, 3 Samanthas, 2 Cliffs, 3 Jos, and 2 Chris' on the shelf. I picked up one Frank and one Gorn, left the other two behind for some other lucky soul.

Such a thrilling surprise, especially after a couple of weeks of disappointments. What an awesome feeling to walk in, find some Megos that you're looking for right on the shelf, buy them for less than $10.00 each, take them home, open 'em up and have some fun. I think Frank is my favorite so far...he's just so perfectly Mego. Looking forward to landing me a Greg, Spock and, of course, Paul (even though I might have to pay someone to repaint him for me).

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

^I know I'm not supposed to be envious of posts, but I am. Of three Targets nearby, only one is carrying Megos--and its wave 1 endcap has been moved to an aisle with nothing new except an Oz 2-pack. *sigh*
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• SWDAVE
                              • May 31, 2017

Checked my local Target (50 miles away) and they had two pegs filled with wave one. I did buy Sulu and Chekov to help clear some space, but absolutely nothing wave two. Very disappointed. And now everyone is talking about wave 3! Can’t even find wave two!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by SWDAVE
                                Checked my local Target (50 miles away) and they had two pegs filled with wave one. I did buy Sulu and Chekov to help clear some space, but absolutely nothing wave two. Very disappointed. And now everyone is talking about wave 3! Can’t even find wave two!
                                I still haven't seen half of wave two. But people from Portland are listing some third wave figures on ebay already. Where are they finding them???

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎