Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just found some Wave 2 figures. What have YOU seen in stores?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Timothy2251
    Jerks beef with Ten Bears
    • Mar 15, 2008

Checked my local Target last night - a few Alices', a few Jimi Hendrix', a Starchild, a couple of Tooties', plenty of Bewitched, and a couple of Kris' from Charlie's Angels.
    "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• SWDAVE
      • May 31, 2017

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
      I still haven't seen half of wave two. But people from Portland are listing some third wave figures on ebay already. Where are they finding them???
      Not in NW Ohio, that is for sure.

Comment

• Psykodelik Vampyre
        Museum Patron
        • Jan 22, 2018

I don’t hold out much hope in getting help from the stores, and I can say this because I used to work at a Toys R US a while back.
        The workers and the managers are well aware of us collectors and have been since the 80’s and mostly despise us.

You have to remember that workers in the store are generally treated like garbage by the management and often the customers.

If you find people there that are truly helpful, know that you are blessed.
        https://www.reverbnation.com/psykodelikvampyres

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Something surprising today (and countering my grousing): The Medina, OH Target--which did not stock wave 1 at all--had all of wave 2, including boxed sets and 14" except Frankenstein's monster. I nabbed a Gorn!

Lovely heads on Samantha, Kelly Bundy, and Kris. Though I was disappointed to see dark roots shading had been added to Kelly's hair.

The 14" wave two figures look great IMO.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Psykodelik Vampyre
            Museum Patron
            • Jan 22, 2018

Nice haul, still looking for Frankenstein too. Agreed about the Wave 2 14”...they are way better!
            https://www.reverbnation.com/psykodelikvampyres

Comment

• wise guy
              Career Member
              • Dec 29, 2014

No wave 2 in Cen-cal except 14'' DC and Oz . I read Ebay sellers with wave 3 claiming
              Targets may not see wave 3 because the discount signals an end to these. I
              don't know if this is true or not but no wave 2 8 '' sucks bad enough.

Comment

• boss
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 18, 2003

^that sounds exactly like what someone trying to drive up the price would say.
                Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                  Often invisible
                  • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by wise guy
                  No wave 2 in Cen-cal except 14'' DC and Oz . I read Ebay sellers with wave 3 claiming
                  Targets may not see wave 3 because the discount signals an end to these. I
                  don't know if this is true or not but no wave 2 8 '' sucks bad enough.
                  You don't think the eBay sellers are saying that to dupe people into bidding high on their auctions?
                  Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                    Creature Of The Night
                    • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    Something surprising today (and countering my grousing): The Medina, OH Target--which did not stock wave 1 at all--had all of wave 2, including boxed sets and 14" except Frankenstein's monster. I nabbed a Gorn!

Lovely heads on Samantha, Kelly Bundy, and Kris. Though I was disappointed to see dark roots shading had been added to Kelly's hair.

Awesome! I just saw your response to my earlier post, and completely related to the discouragement you had expressed. I'm glad to hear that you had a similar experience to the one I had on Friday night. Cheers!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Thanks--hoping to find more!
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TRDouble
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne

Yes, me too. The hair is actually too light for some basic ideas I had anyway, but the dark root line kind of made it a complete moot point for me. I still bought it though!

Comment

• zaphod
                          • Dec 19, 2011

My local Target in Jacksonville, FL still doesn't have wave 2.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                            Wake Up Heavy
                            • Jan 31, 2010

At this point I'm just hoping once the Target exclusivity is done that Frankie gets re-released.
                            Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Liu Bei
                              Banned
                              • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Iron Mego
                              At this point I'm just hoping once the Target exclusivity is done that Frankie gets re-released.
                              Never saw wave 2 here in Georgia. Guess I never will. Sucks. It shouldn’t be this hard. I hope if Mego continues beyond the Target exclusivity deal, that they re-release some of the more successful figures nationwide for fans who couldn’t get them the first time around.

Comment

• The Bat
                                Batman Fanatic
                                • Jul 14, 2002

I still haven't seen a Spock yet.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎