Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rocky marine paratrooper gi joe prototype

Quote Originally Posted by drquest View Post
    That looking interesting for sure...

Here's the custom prototype Joe I was talking about.

https://patchesofpride.wordpress.com...h-anniversary/

wow ,yeah thats close

thing is this is vinyl ,no identifying , or copyrighting marks ,slightly waxy plastic for the body ,
    but here's the thing ,i've personally never come across this before
    your mileage may vary

but the body is strung through the centre of the limbs ,,hip through the knee to the ankle with elastic cord

same with the arm ,shoulder through the elbow to the wrist again one long section of elastic cord

not joe like with nylon push in pegs

hands and feet are gi joe clones ,but with as i said a slightly feminine "hourglass "shape

super odd
    Last edited by libby 1957dog; Sep 24, '18 at 2:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by libby 1957dog View Post
    hey thanks for the info guys ,the mystery deepens as a guy i know showed me this odd 12 inch figure and it bears more than a passing resemblance to rocky

hes on a odd type gi joe clone body ,which looks vaguely feminine to my eye

anyone recognize him
    Not a super common figure. This guy has several names and is from Spain. Johnny Bravo and Hombre de Accion come to mind. He's a little taller than Gijoe as well. I had him and is unique constructed. He has Gijoe type hands but one finger fits in trigger guard. Boots were rubber. The back of box shows several outfits : trackstar, Soldier ect. I would google and look at images to find info. Hope this helps.

Images
    Here are some pics I saved. The red "tag" inside the box identifies him as Daniel Bravo.
    novogama_danielbravo_box.jpg
    novogama_hombresdeaccion_sport1.jpg
    novogama_hombresdeaccion_sport2.jpg
    There's also a comic-style art ad floating around out there. If I remember correctly, it was a small bottom-of-the-page sized ad.
    novogama_hombresdeaccion.jpg
    The blue-outfitted one was sold on Ebay. By dutch-actiontoys, if I'm not mistaken.

I don't have a Daniel Bravo, but I won this earlier this year. It also reminds me of Rocky.
    20180214fra.jpg
    Last edited by KOMonger; Sep 28, '18 at 9:28 PM.

If it were made before they made the Rocky Joe prototype it's possible they used this figure's head. But that seems unlikely.

Sean

Some more pics found online:

42250300_18996043.jpg

26820393.jpg

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by KOMonger View Post
    Here are some pics I saved. The red "tag" inside the box identifies him as Daniel Bravo.
    novogama_danielbravo_box.jpg
    novogama_hombresdeaccion_sport1.jpg
    novogama_hombresdeaccion_sport2.jpg
    There's also a comic-style art ad floating around out there. If I remember correctly, it was a small bottom-of-the-page sized ad.
    novogama_hombresdeaccion.jpg
    The blue-outfitted one was sold on Ebay. By dutch-actiontoys, if I'm not mistaken.

I don't have a Daniel Bravo, but I won this earlier this year. It also reminds me of Rocky.
    20180214fra.jpg
    Who is the last figure???? That's one I don't know. Did it come from the UK? HMMM??????????? Same size as Gijoe?

Images
    I won the last figure from a seller in France. Yes, same size as GI Joe.
    I don't know anything about it either. I thought maybe the rivets/nails holding the elbows and knees together were a "fix" by the owner but shortly after winning it, I came across another one in a huge lot that had the exact same rivets/bolts, leading me to the conclusion they were original. The lot was too huge, with several figures I wasn't interested in, so I passed on it.
    The other joints: shoulders, legs, head, are held by cord. IIRC, I couldn't find it (My things get buried really quickly around here!).
    Mine didn't have any clothing included. I am interested in finding out more about this figure because the feet are "curious". They're not posable, but they're not in a flat, standing position. They sort of slightly point down. In fact, one foot on mine has a crack at the top where it meets the leg. I have a hard time picturing this figure wearing any kind of shoes/boots and looking "right". The footwear would need to have high heels to level the figure to stand properly.
    Last edited by KOMonger; Sep 29, '18 at 3:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KOMonger View Post
    I won the last figure from a seller in France. Yes, same size as GI Joe.
    I don't know anything about it either. I thought maybe the rivets/nails holding the elbows and knees together were a "fix" by the owner but shortly after winning it, I came across another one in a huge lot that had the exact same rivets/bolts, leading me to the conclusion they were original. The lot was too huge, with several figures I wasn't interested in, so I passed on it.
    The other joints: shoulders, legs, head, are held by cord. IIRC, I couldn't find it (My things get buried really quickly around here!).
    Mine didn't have any clothing included. I am interested in finding out more about this figure because the feet are "curious". They're not posable, but they're not in a flat, standing position. They sort of slightly point down. In fact, one foot on mine has a crack at the top where it meets the leg. I have a hard time picturing this figure wearing any kind of shoes/boots and looking "right". The footwear would need to have high heels to level the figure to stand properly.
    No idea about figure there are several unique KO from France using Action Star Hardy body, and barter types. The hands look Joe/Action Man type. Cecil Coleman from UK has a body similar with rivits but not as good looking as this one. Colman made 007 and MFU figures in UK.