Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mego
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 16, 2012

If you're waiting for Target to help you figure out how to spend your money, I think you'll be waiting a long long long time.
    Your posts strike me as picky, petty and unrealistic.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

how can they make it easier for you? You found the figures, so buy them if you want. I guess you want them to just magically just fall in your lap?
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I think, if your expectation as a consumer is to receive concierge service at a mid-scale department store, you'd likely be more satisfied simply buying items online.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          how can they make it easier for you? You found the figures, so buy them if you want. I guess you want them to just magically just fall in your lap?
          Well, for starters... how about putting the figures out a little early, because I'm impatient and I don't like waiting?!? Oh.

Comment

• Riderfan
            Megos are cool
            • Feb 14, 2012

Originally posted by zeedox
            Ok so I go into Target again, and then not even on the Megs end cap I found Samantha from Bewitched, Jo from Facts of like and Cliff from Cheers. I would defiantly say that because of the lack of Target helping me figure out how to spend my money, I will skip all those properties and just get the usual Frankenstein Spock etc when they show up.

If they made it easier for me, I certainly would have gotten the Bewitched at least. So I will go on to say at least in my case the confusion has made me decide to skip the wackier licenses showing up. Surely someone must see the oddness of a Mego fan seeing and wanting new Megos, and leaving empty handed....
            I sure hope you don't buy your socks & underwear at Target...
            I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by zeedox
              Ok so I go into Target again, and then not even on the Megs end cap I found Samantha from Bewitched, Jo from Facts of like and Cliff from Cheers. I would defiantly say that because of the lack of Target helping me figure out how to spend my money, I will skip all those properties and just get the usual Frankenstein Spock etc when they show up.

If they made it easier for me, I certainly would have gotten the Bewitched at least. So I will go on to say at least in my case the confusion has made me decide to skip the wackier licenses showing up. Surely someone must see the oddness of a Mego fan seeing and wanting new Megos, and leaving empty handed....
              So, you actually found product before the actual street date, and didn't buy them because you didn't like where they were located in the store? But you wanted to buy them before you found them? You refuse to buy them because you found them?

Personally, I would have gotten them and been happy. I guess I should have looked around the store more. Maybe they had some...

Comment

• Creature Of The Wheel
                • Aug 26, 2018

The Megos at my local Target have vanished. Last week the usual suspect peg warmers were still on the end cap. Today, no end cap display and no Megos in the toy isles. A Target associate informed me that at this location the Mego figs are stocked by a vendor, and not directly by Target, and the vendor must have removed the unsold stock.
                " Well now...seems just like old times."

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Creature Of The Wheel
                  The Megos at my local Target have vanished. Last week the usual suspect peg warmers were still on the end cap. Today, no end cap display and no Megos in the toy isles. A Target associate informed me that at this location the Mego figs are stocked by a vendor, and not directly by Target, and the vendor must have removed the unsold stock.
                  That's all very strange.

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Mego is moving in-line in Target stores, the end cap disappearing is not strange.

That's the first I've heard anyone say Mego is VMI (Vendor Managed Inventory), I think the employee is likely mistaken.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• MRP
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by palitoy
                      Mego is moving in-line in Target stores, the end cap disappearing is not strange.

That's the first I've heard anyone say Mego is VMI (Vendor Managed Inventory), I think the employee is likely mistaken.
                      At the closest Target to me (Beavercreek/Fairborn in the Greater Dayton area), they had already dismantled the endcap yesterday and when I asked an associate where in the toy department they were, she did not know, but she asked the person in charge of toys who told me she had moved them (temporarily) next to the Funko pops in the collectibles section of electronics until they put out the second wave (she wouldn't break street date fro wave 2) because she hadn't been informed yet where in the toy department they were to go post-endcap display, but she didn't have enough stock left to keep them on the endcap (she had some other things to say about Megos that I posted in another thread and those left me baffled, but it is what it is).

So I am not surprised the endcap was taken down early if they were low on stock, but most likely they got put somewhere the clerk didn't know about rather than them being removed from the store.

-M
                      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• MRP
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by palitoy

When I was intially looking for Wave 1 around the release date, on of the clerks mentioned that a vendor was coming in to set up the initial display so they hadn't taken any of the stock out of the storeroom yet, but I saw regular target clerks putting up figures on the endcap as part of a restock at the same store a few weeks later, so who knows.

-M
                        "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by MRP
                          When I was intially looking for Wave 1 around the release date, on of the clerks mentioned that a vendor was coming in to set up the initial display so they hadn't taken any of the stock out of the storeroom yet, but I saw regular target clerks putting up figures on the endcap as part of a restock at the same store a few weeks later, so who knows.

-M
                          A 3rd party merchandise team isn't unusal thing alhthough a bit surprising I guess.

It's the whole removing inventory that befuddles me, if the inventory is brought in through the Target warehouse, then I find it odd that a the merch team would remove it.

Enh, it's Friday afternoon and I don't even live in a country with Targets anymore. I just hope people find wave two.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Creature Of The Wheel
                            • Aug 26, 2018

Another Target/Mego oddity is the fact that on Target's website they never showed up as in stock at my local store. I was standing in the store in front of the stocked end cap while simultaneously looking at Target's website on the phone which showed there were none in stock at the store I was at. This was after they had been out for a few weeks. This may deter customers who check the website to determine if the figs are in stock at there local store ( like me ) from actually going to the store to purchase figs. I had taken my daughter to Target to get some Jurassic World Dinos and was surprised to find the Megos that weren't in stock at my store ( as per Target's website ) filling an end cap.
                            " Well now...seems just like old times."

Comment

• zeedox
                              Career Member
                              • Aug 10, 2007

Yay got Gorn and Frankenstein today 12.99 each

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

That's exciting! I really want those two as well.
                                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎