X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • glimpy
    Loco Chango
    • Feb 5, 2012

Polybius

Mind control video game? Men in Black? CIA operated?

Apparently, this video game that mysteriously disappeared in the early 80s has been quite the topic nowadays. This video game to those who have played it, apparently controlled their minds!! Having feelings of fighting never wanting to stop playing and the total feeling of euphoria!!! As a young teen in the early eighties I don't recall ever seeing the game nor playing it. It is known to have been released in the state of Oregon for about a year then mysteriously vanished. Has anyone out there ever played this game or remember seeing it?

sigpic
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

It's an internet hoax.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• toothaction
      Career Member
      • Jul 15, 2017

"Polybius takes its name from that of the Greek historian Polybius, who was known for his assertion that historians should never report what they cannot verify through interviews with witnesses."
      >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Comment

• Megotastrophe
          Permanent Member
          • Jun 29, 2018

Fun video. Watched about 20 minutes. Oddly this reminded me of the Jet Jungle find in reverse back years ago. When a figure none of us remembered of a character none of us had heard of suddenly appeared. First one...then another... And then pieces of the original figure came out of the woodwork from members collections. I remember one woman reporting that she had the figures head but had no idea it was from a rare South Africa only Mego figure.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

I just watched that video this week. It's certainly fascinating!! I love these kinds of rumors/hoaxes.
            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• glimpy
              Loco Chango
              • Feb 5, 2012

"We are not Alone"
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢