Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Last Star Fighter Prototypes Found

Images
    Wow !!!

Crazy cool to see !!!
    .................................................. .......................

Images
    Who would have ever thought we'd see these. Thanks to everyone involved in letting us get a good look at them!

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Those prototypes are really amazing.

I liked The Last Star Fighter movie too, liked just about anything that was science-fiction.

An early experiment in CGI. At the time, I preferred all spaceships as models in movies, but now, looking back, it is a very fun time capsule with an unforgettable look. It is an all-around enjoyable film.

P.S.

There may have not been figures to buy, but I didn't miss out completely on having something to accompany the movie when it was out, I had Last Star Fighter Game by FASA. It was a small boxed game. It didn't have a traditional board, but it was a table-top game, with cardboard counters. And it had a nice picture box. I think their Star Trek game of that size was for Star Trek III: The Search For Spock.
    Last edited by Klosterheim; Sep 22, '18 at 7:45 PM.

I loved this movie when it came out. I was just about the age where I stopped buying toys so I don't know if I would've bought these had they come out, but it's really cool to see them now! I love the fact that stuff like this still surfaces all these years later.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
    Wow that is wicked! You know, they look rougher than I had expected after finally seeing them in such clear close up pictures after all these years. A real piece of history. I'm surprised the owner didn't try to offer them to Funko or Super7 first. This seems right up their alley.
    I agree, Funko or Super 7!

CCC.

Images
    All I truly remember about "The Last Starfighter" is Catherine Mary Stewart.

Ah, Night of the Comet... She really had lovely eyes and a vibrant screen presence.
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

Images
    ^ What those two said.

Neat find, of course. I do remember the movie. I don’t recall being too interested in it. Was it a popular enough movie to support an action figure line? That’s a sincere question, since I don’t remember.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

I don't think they would have sold well to be honest. The film wasn't a huge hit, although it's fondly remembered, and was a landmark in CGI effects. Time has been kind to it, but 1984 saw interest waning in space figures of this scale.
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

Images
    ^ Gotcha. Thanks.

As I said, I certainly remember it well, but I didn’t find it very exciting. I mean that I didn’t want to go home and play The Last Star Fighter.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?