Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

It was really this site/Plaid Stallions that turned me onto the Falcon line, though I had (and sold) the earlier (2000?) Torak reissue.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Dec 13, '18, 7:11 PM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Neutron X
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 22, 2007

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      It was really this site/Plaid Stallions that turned me onto the Falcon line, though I had (and sold) the earlier (2000?) Torak reissue.
      Just wanted to let you know. The reason you love the Geyperman reissues is they are made from original molds! In the original factory by I believe the son of the original owner. There are many YouTube videos showing GM body parts coming out of the machines! Some of the reissues have factory left over uniforms from 70s I have been told as well.(Can anyone conform this?) Some of the old Action Man sites had posted links. Hope this info helps!

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Thank you--I think I had read that Hobbycrash was using the original, molds. And yes, Hobbycrash is using old-stock clothing in some sets. The other thing that I really like is their sturdy durability--they don't have that internal rubber ligature which tends to disintegrate. In this respect, aren't they more like Palitiy's Bulletman that USA's muscle-body Joe?
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Neutron X
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 22, 2007

Palitoy Bulletman suffers same issues as USA muscle body. Hobby Crash is like Cottswald in that they were distributing Geyper Man extras. The reissue Group Action Joe figures Hobby Crash in France is now doing I assumed were a special project teaming up the 2 companies but I am no expert things can get lost in translation.

Toltoys out of Australia did a unique muscle body in that the arms had plastic joints at elbows, shoulders, and neck with the rest of the body having rubber leg joints. Arm joints can be stiff sometimes. The body is heat sealed making repairs harder than USA muscle body. Australia had both Action Man and Gijoe. Gets even weirder with both names appearing later on the same package.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

^Hmm, I've had both a US and British Bulletman--it seems that the British one held together and I thought it might be a different material? Maybe I was just lucky. I checked and the Hobbycrash figures have plastic joints in the arms and knees and elastic cord at the hips, so I was incorrect. Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

• Neutron X
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 22, 2007

Here's a pic of one from my old collection, now gone. Shoulder joint is the giveaway going all the way through the deltoid. Elbow joint is wider as well. 1994 Falcon had rubber joints so not sure they are falling apart like old ones.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎